Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 2:10:50 PM EDT
My new toy got to the Georgia dealer last friday. I got the paper work from him at the beginning of the week. Sign off took one day. Sent it off today. Now for the second leg of the journey. I asked the dealer how it looked. He had no idea said the factory seal was still on the box. How can someone keep a gun since before 86 and never open it. More than I could do. Guess I will see if the move helped on the time line.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll bet they bought a bunch and just stashed 'em away some place safe.  How much did it cost in '86 versus what you paid for it?  "Hmmm, I think I'll buy a stack of these and see what the value does in 20 years."  

I'm guessing you bought an M16.  I don't know what the prices are or were, but I'm guessing it's somewhere in the neighborhood of this...

$500 in 86?
$15k in 06?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (as if I had to say that).  If you'd bought GE stock you'd have tripled your money.  Looks like it has split four times.  I presume the prices in the chart are split-adjusted.

How many other investments grow by a factor of 30 in 20 years.  Wish I'd been a gun nut in '86.  Don't think I could have afforded more than one or two in E4 pay.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a 9mm MAC. They are still the best buy in a subgun. Probably 3 or 400 when new and only 3000 now.  The quickest I saw go up were the Vector UZIs. They sold for 3000 and went to 6000 shortly after they sold out. Almost doubled in a few months.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like fun.  I guess you'll be buying your 9mm in bulk.

Congrats too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like fun.  I guess you'll be buying your 9mm in bulk.

Congrats too.

Fixed it for you! I assume you haven't met j3_?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't think I have, but I'd like to.  Are we ever gonna do a group shoot again?  Now that I have an EBR, I want to go hang out w/ my brothers and sisters.  Hope to get time off from Mrs. Birdbarian and the little barbarians to do the low light shooting class.  I was bummed I could not attend the last time he did the defensive pistol class.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Start a shoot thread, anyone can. Try to pick a date that is not too hot, not too cold, not too rainy, at a range with no range nazis, rambo rangers, and what else, oh yeah, a nearby hOOters! Thats all. Simple.

Is Charlie Elliott really THAT bad? Come on. FOP is great too! There has got to be a happy medium somewhere!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
How about HERE?  Ask j3.  We have a really good time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top