Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:24:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:39:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Dalton and Calhoun are straight up 75 towards Chattanooga.  I don't know of any ranges in that area.  The closest I know of are in Marietta which would be about an hour south.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
John's Mountain WMA is up in that area.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]

John's Mountain WMA is up in that area.

Is that the one off of Hwy 411, near the state line?

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
What I used to call John's Mountain in now call Chestnut Mountain Shooting Range.  75S from Dalton and get off the first Resaca exit.  That is the one with the big Flying J truck stop.  Take a right off of the exit.  You drive quite awhile, cross a railroad , and then come to where the road deadends into another highway.  Take a right.  You'll turn right about 200 yds down the road and follow the "shooting range" signs.  $5 parking.  Bring a staple gun to attach your targets to the wooden stakes that are available.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Camp Shooters is within 30 minutes of Dalton, north on 225.  It is a private range but I believe we are still taking members.  We recently moved to a new range and are still getting everything set up but we currently have a covered shooting bench area on a slab with 10-12 firing points with shooting ranges of around 500 yards, with further possibilities of up to 1000 yds in the future.  There are a few posts in the GA Hometown forum related to a tactical shoot held in August and one coming up in November.  Do a search for Camp Shooters.  I think the sign up cost is $150 and renewal is $50.  I've shot there the last 2 weekends there and have had the range to myself.

jd1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top