Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:05:26 AM EDT
Anyone know, what is the name of the place that rents Full Auto guns in Marietta?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of a current one in Marietta. There was one that I went to in the late 80's.

Bullseye in Lawrenceville has rentals.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
None that I know of. I don't know of a range in Marietta proper. Ed's is in Cobb Co. and Hot Shots is in Smyrna.

If you find one let us know!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the place was called On Target off of Sandy Plains road.........I think it went out of business many years ago
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#5]
www.firinglane.com in Athens.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I believe the place was called On Target off of Sandy Plains road.........I think it went out of business many years ago

long and interesting story behind the guy that ran that place. you could go in and shoot a number of subs. went in and rented an mp5 or something similar and put maybe 100 rounds into bowling pins. he sold (or listed can't remember exactly) converted HKs. had some (I think MP5SD convert) for 1500 bucks. this was in the late 70's or early 80's when it was legal to convert autos to full-autos...

he had this neat 4 wheeled british armoured car parked out front. it ran i think.. much nicer than a hummer..

guy got in trouble with the feds. can't remember the exact details. usual idiot trying to make money by pretending to be a covert arms dealer or some such nonsense. ending up shooting himself in the arm or leg with a 357 mag on purpose to create some excuse of how he lost all off his full-autos or how he was really a cia covert op and the ruskies or chinese were tyring to kill him to get the feds to lay off...

don't remember what happened to the guy...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The vehicle was a Ferret. I think that was a guy named Werbell- his son opened Brigade Quartermasters-correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The vehicle was a Ferret. I think that was a guy named Werbell- his son opened Brigade Quartermasters-correct me if I am wrong.

i was vaguely acquainted with werbel the elder. met him once or twice. he did biz with my family who were marietta merchants. he was a character. ran the farm in powder springs. was involved in MAC and sionics and he got in trouble with the feds too. sold all his MACs and collector MGs on the Marietta courthouse steps. one of his sons got in trouble with drugs somehow in fla. some of the story lines were the same. werbell though in a lot of ways was a legit legend with weird connections and friends.  BC was started by him and his sons as a biz and has been successfully ever since.

i looked the other guy up on the net after post. his name was lavista. part of the story was he shot himself but also he stated his car woudnot start so they towed his mercedes in and found 2 lbs of c4 attached to the bottom. story he crafted was someone was trying to assassinate him. later came to light that he made the whole thing up. from what i remember he was a sorta ninja-cia-covert-ops-wannabe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Wasn't there a place around there called The Bulletstop a few years ago that rented FA?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wasn't there a place around there called The Bulletstop a few years ago that rented FA?

that was the bulletstop on sandy plains. place i have been talking about..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top