Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 3:07:47 PM EDT
Had to get a hernia operation this morning. I was scared stiff but did not bolt for the door before they gave me the shot. Sure was glad to wake up. Never had an operation before. Any advice on how to recoup from one of these?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, take it easy. I had the surgery on a Friday and thought I'd be walking around the next day. NOT!!!

I had the wire mesh patch "installed" to prevent future occurrences. I was sore for quite a while and still on occassion can tell that it's in there. I had it 7 years ago.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Recoup? Go shooting of course!

Take it easy, get well soon!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, take it easy.  Just when you are feeling good, you will start to do too much and it will flare up and let you know it's still healing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:34:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
double hernia 5 years ago.   they gave you pain medicine, take it and walk.   you will walk the soreness away.   don't lift anything for about a month.
after any surgery now they try to get you up and walking to relieve the soreness.   like i said take a pain pill, wait a few minutes and start walking.  
and yes, ihave had kidney stones 8 times, still scarey when they put you to sleep
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info. Been walking some an it does seem to help. But getting up and down is no fun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But getting up and down is no fun.

What parts are you getting up and down?  

OH NO YOU DIT-IN!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Recoup? Go shooting of course!

Take it easy, get well soon!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

He took care of the shooting before the surgery!  You gotta respect a guy that shoots a tactical rifle match as part of his pre-op plan  Yep, shoot on Saturday, rest on Sunday, and have surgery on Monday.  Gotta love it

j3- Glad to hear that your surgery went well.  See you at the next match.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the thoughts.

See you at the next match.

Next month I hope.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
J3, glad to hear the surgery went well and your doing better.  I've had surgery for a hernia myself, and the advice you've been given is sound; walk as much as you can, and don't lift ANYTHING.  I hope your recovery goes well and you're able to make it to the next match.

By the way, I have to tell you that AK brake on your commando was absolutely the loudest thing I have ever heard.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:30:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
J3, glad to hear the surgery went well and your doing better.  I've had surgery for a hernia myself, and the advice you've been given is sound; walk as much as you can, and don't lift ANYTHING.  I hope your recovery goes well and you're able to make it to the next match.

By the way, I have to tell you that AK brake on your commando was absolutely the loudest thing I have ever heard.

Never heard a CETME brake?  Who knows I might try to do a SBR CETME/HK-51 build and put a nice CETME brake on it, to make a really good Flame Thrower/Noisemaker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top