Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2005 2:42:02 PM EDT
Need Help With Hogs-This Weekend!

I just got back from my hunting property where I planted 2 1/2 acres of seed corn last weekend. This was buried nearly 4 inches deep. Hogs have come in and rooted up looks like every piece of corn that they could find.
If any of you would like to come Hog Hunting THIS WEEKEND, I can make you a HELL of a deal. I will even guarantee you a Hog or you can come back FREE.

This is the Chance of a Lifetime deal for a Hog Hunt.

I would like to have 6 (at least) to hunt this weekend. I have lodging available.
Bring your AR's, we gonna have a killing.

I am located about 20 minutes east of Macon GA off of I-16 towards Savannah.
If you can come hunt during the week or even next weekend, let me know. Most of the hunting will been successful after dark. We can now Legally bait Hogs and kill them anyway possible.
Thats what we are going to do.
NO LIMIT on them!

Come on and hunt with us.

Email or IM for a phone number for more info.
Thanks,
LOK

Legal Disclaimer: This message has been pre approved by Mr. Bookhound.
Thanks Book!
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
damnit damnit dammit
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
damnit damnit dammit

Come on, we will be mostly huting at night, If you have something to do, come on when you get done. This is a Great opportunity. I had hunters from alll over the US come in her and killed 50 hogs from Dec until April, thoought I had got enough of them. They paid $250.00 per day PLUS lodging.
This is a Steal! I need to kill these hogs on my Deer hunting lease. I am right in the middle of planting 60 acres for deer and Doves. Dove field goes in June 1.
Come on!
LOK
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
How is this gonna work? what time at night do you start? how long to get there from atl?
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I reread the post 6 times, but it does not say how much it will be for our help to eradicate these vile beasts. Please let me know if the old AK or Winchester can be of any help.

Accountant
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How is this gonna work? what time at night do you start? how long to get there from atl?

We are actually gonna start before dark. They will usually beging to move about an hour before dark. When it gets dark, we will continue to hunt then in the big open fields using night vision and spot lights. From Turner Field, figure 90-95 minutes.
It is at exit 12  (12 miles- Second exit)on I-16, just out of Macon.

Quoted:
Ok, I reread the post 6 times, but it does not say how much it will be for our help to eradicate these vile beasts. Please let me know if the old AK or Winchester can be of any help.

Accountant

I am charging $150.00 for the entire weekend, includes lodging. I have charcoal and lighter fluid, power, Gas and Hot, cold water plus a Soft Bed, Night vision, Spotlights and FEED.

Also, If you do not kill one, you can come back whenever in the next few weeks until they are gone.

I am going to the Bread Store and buy 150 loaves of Bread and 500# of corn first thing in the morning. We gonna have a Hog Killin Weekend. may even shoot a Coyote. I will bring my Foxpro Caller.

LOK
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Will you be doing this on any other weekends?

ARH
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Will you be doing this on any other weekends?

ARH

Just let me know when you want to come. I need to get rid of these bastages from my deer lease, getting ready to plant 60 more acres in the next few weeks. I have a swamp 5 miles away where they are welcome, but these have to go.

Bring your favorite rifle and lots of ammo, we are WAY WAY in the country and you can shoot all you want.
LOK
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish i could come, nightvision! WTF!?!?
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I wish i could come, nightvision! WTF!?!?

See in the dark?
LOK
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I havent met many people with money for nightvision, thats what I meant. It sounds like you have multiple pairs too. good luck
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't go.  I wish I could afford to drive down there!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I havent met many people with money for nightvision, thats what I meant. It sounds like you have multiple pairs too. good luck

Cheapo Night vision. Not the real expensive stuff. Just need to be able to see their eyes, then hit the spots. Then Fire for effect. We call it the "Clothesline" method. It works pretty good.
Killed a lot of hogs like that.
LOK
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I can come down during the week if you need help. I live in McDonough and wouldn't really need lodging. Also not willing to pay but more than willing to help out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I went down with a group about a month or so ago and had an absolute blast. We did the combo pheasant/hog hunt for the whole weekend. Everyone killed a hog and lots of rainbow birds. We used NV to kill the biggest hog about an hour and a half after dark. Bring a good cordless spotlight too. The instant they see white light they run like crazy. We watched ours with NV until they were in a good location to shoot and then flashed the light and shot real fast. It works better if you hunt with a buddy after dark. A shiner and shooter. Tommy called up some good predators one night but none would come in for a good shot. They are  funny critters. Load up the 50 Beos if you gottem and have a killin. It is worth it.When we shot the big hog.....it was with five others. It was the smallest of the bunch at 275 pounds. Right before dark we saw two or three groups of different sized hogs and never could make a clean shot. We were told to shoot them behind the ear to drop them right there or it was gonna be swamp crawlin to find it.all the other hogs taken were 175 and under but they were some good eatin. Especially the little 90 pound piglet my buddy took. Whoever decides to go will enjoy it. we were never absent of hogs to shoot at......some of the folks in our group just plain couldn't shoot and accounted for some missin pork.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I went down with a group about a month or so ago and had an absolute blast. We did the combo pheasant/hog hunt for the whole weekend. Everyone killed a hog and lots of rainbow birds. We used NV to kill the biggest hog about an hour and a half after dark. Bring a good cordless spotlight too. The instant they see white light they run like crazy. We watched ours with NV until they were in a good location to shoot and then flashed the light and shot real fast. It works better if you hunt with a buddy after dark. A shiner and shooter. Tommy called up some good predators one night but none would come in for a good shot. They are  funny critters. Load up the 50 Beos if you gottem and have a killin. It is worth it.When we shot the big hog.....it was with five others. It was the smallest of the bunch at 275 pounds. Right before dark we saw two or three groups of different sized hogs and never could make a clean shot. We were told to shoot them behind the ear to drop them right there or it was gonna be swamp crawlin to find it.all the other hogs taken were 175 and under but they were some good eatin. Especially the little 90 pound piglet my buddy took. Whoever decides to go will enjoy it. we were never absent of hogs to shoot at......some of the folks in our group just plain couldn't shoot and accounted for some missin pork.

Here is the HOG to go with the story above. 00Bullet is on the right witht the  .50 Beowolf . Quite
an impressive rifle.

Nobody took me up on my offer this weekend, though several called and emailed. Mothers day weekend and all. Offer still stands. Maybe next weekend.
I went back down there and they had come back, and finished off any planted corn seed that they had missed, mostly worked the outer edges of the field.
I baited up real good and will be down there with my brothers tomorrow night.

I have several folks already planning on coming next weekend, so if any of you'll want to, come on.
LOK
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#18]
So, is "LOKNLOAD" the new screen name for Tommy and Georgia-Precision?
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#19]
never hunted hogs. what do you do with the meat? do you have it butchered and made into ribs and such? ate wild hog/boar once that a relative shot. years and years ago. was actually leaner than store bought and tasted pretty good.. heard something being careful with the meat due to bruceleosis (SP?).
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You do need to be a little careful when handling hog meat.  Hogs can have blood-born disease that can be passed on to humans.  

Yup, "Bangs" disease, better known as brucelousis.  A good friend contracted it while cleaning an infected hog.  Took several doctor's visits and a bunch of medication to cure it.

Wear hi-grade surgery gloves, double not a bad idea.

Can you shoot with fmj ammo?
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I killed a couple hogs back in January (not w/ Loknload) and it is the best pork I have had. If you want a meat hog, shoot a female (a Sow) or a "Cut" boar. A "cut' boar is one that has been caught, family jewels cut off and released. They grow as big as the regular boars, but the meat is better than an un-cut boar. The only good a regular boar is for is a trophy on the wall & the meat slow smoked for HOURS and turned into Brunswick Stew. If you have it processed, the place has to be a "Red-Meat Processor" licensed by the state Agriculture Dept. These were the 1st wild hogs I have hunted, killed & eaten. I really prefer the Wild over store bought.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Nobody took me up on my offer this weekend, though several called and emailed. Mothers day weekend and all. Offer still stands. Maybe next weekend.
I went back down there and they had come back, and finished off any planted corn seed that they had missed, mostly worked the outer edges of the field.

I have several folks already planning on coming next weekend, so if any of you'll want to, come on.
LOK

So, is next weekend a possibilty????
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 3:56:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOK

Yes it is, Let me know.
LOK
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 3:59:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Loknload,

Did I read your first post right that we are now legal to bait hogs?  I was unaware that had passed.

I hunt in Lumpkin, GA and we are covered up with them too.  They run the deer off.  Most folks I know baited them anyway, but I'm glad that passed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's what the Georgia DNR regs say:

georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=300&txtPage=9

FERAL HOG
Private Lands

No closed  season; no limit. No hunting over bait, from a vehicle, or at night with a light over 6 volts. A resident Hunting License is required to hunt feral hogs for all resident hunters 16 years old or older, except when hunting on land owned by them or their immediate family (blood or dependent relationship) residing in the same household. Non-residents must meet non-resident license requirements.

Tommy, have the regulations concerning this changed, or do you have special permission?

Link Posted: 5/9/2005 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I heard they changed this as well.  DNR agent stated so.  

Tommy,

Was the guy that drowned, Jeremy White on one of your hog hunts this weekend?  It stated he was off Aubrey Walker's property, who I know, off of Bond Swamp.  I have no idea if you know anything, just thought I would ask..

Bill3508  
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Loknload,

Did I read your first post right that we are now legal to bait hogs?  I was unaware that had passed.

I hunt in Lumpkin, GA and we are covered up with them too.  They run the deer off.  Most folks I know baited them anyway, but I'm glad that passed.

It is NOW Legal to Bait Hogs, You can also hunt them from a Vehicle, with a Light, at night. Pretty much anything goes. This is only when it is NOT deer or Turkey season.
It just passed in the last 30 days or so.

You are supposed to call and get a "Permit", which we have.

It was in this or last months Georgia Outdoor News (GON)

Quoted:
I heard they changed this as well.  DNR agent stated so.  

Tommy,

Was the guy that drowned, Jeremy White on one of your hog hunts this weekend?  It stated he was off Aubrey Walker's property, who I know, off of Bond Swamp.  I have no idea if you know anything, just thought I would ask..

Bill3508  

Don't know Tommy but he WASS NOT on one of our hunts. I had No hunters last weekend.

Aubreys and his daddy's property is on the WEST bank of the river just south of Macon. Bond Swamp and Bond View Road is on the East bank of the River and Down a good bit rom Aubreys and his dads property.

From what I understand, they were hunting with Aubrey or with their permission.

We do NOT hunt with Dogs, we hunt from tree stands and trail crossings and feeding areas. Places where there are lots of hogs.

I grew up around and in the Ocmulgee River and I can tell you that I would not, nor would I let any of my clients, jump into that river at 1:30 AM in the morning for ANY reason whatsoever.

I see gators nearly everytime I go between 10-14 feet long, much less be swimming around at night.

What they did was just plain stupid. I would amost bet that they find out that Alcohol was involved.
Something else, we do not do.
LOK.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I can't this weekend. Prior committments. Following week is the FOP shoot in AL. Out of town the next week, etc etc etc. Maybe later this summer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#30]
loknload, IM inbound.

Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:23:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Update-I have 1 maybe 2 openings left for this weekend.

I have  one person coming from Daytona.

Turkey season runs thru Sunday in GA. You are welcome to bring your shotguns.

I had 2 hunters that Hunted from Mon afternoon until Wed nite on a Combo Hog/Turkey Hunt. They ended up killing a Nice Turkey and 3 Hogs. They saw over 30 hogs and killed 3 in one sitting. ALL in ALL was a pretty successful hunt. One of the guys was a Big Hollywood Movie Producer, second time he hunted with us and him and his buddy had a Blast.

I still have an open invitation to anyone that wants to hunt for the next few weeks, weekends or during the week. I still need to kill a lot of hogs. There are at least 27 more in that one group and from the looks of my corn patch, that wasn't half of them.
I am going to take my digital camera and try to post a pic. I do have some corn that is coming up, so they did not get it all.

Steve Burch (Editor & Publisher of Georgia Outdoor News-GON) has just booked a hunt with us and will be bringing along a SEEDS ( Kids) member for a 2 day hunt later this month.
We will be doing a Daytime Float Trip on the Ocmulgee River on our Tract of land IN BOND SWAMP Refuge. You may see a Hog Hunting article in GON about this hunt if all goes Well.

9:30 PM- Hunters just called. Got one on the ground. I have 4 hunters this weekend and one more on the way to hunt tomorrow and Sunday. I am headed back down there to help  with the cleaning and processing, get him in the cooler. They saw about 10 all together, only managed to get off one shot. After we get this one cleaned, we are going to sneak around the roads for a little while and see if we can get a couple more before the sun comes up.

At about 6:00 PM on the way to the stands, we saw a covey of quail, about 100 dove, a rabbit, 2 hen turkeys, and LOTS of deer and Hog Tracks. They were Pumped.
LOK
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I want to give major thanks to locknload for the invite to hunt his property near Macon.  He runs a great operation.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself and had a great time.  I will not hesitate to hunt with him again.  I didn't kill a hog (impatience on my part) but saw plenty.  Turkey, deer, hog and dove are in plenty supply.   Thanks, expect another call soon.

Quoted:
Impatience?  Come on, fess up.  What happened?  

Quoted:
A 200lb hog came out of the brush 100 yards out (approx) and stay facing me for what seemed forever.  It was getting dark and I didn't want to have to chase the beast back into a swamp that I was unfamiliar with.  After about 15 minutes, it turned to head back into the wood, as it turned, I shot for just behind the ear and missed.  Bullet went about a half inch high.  Completly my fault.  Patience is a virtue.  Will definately go back and hunt again.

Hey, It was good to get to meet you.  Come on back when you get some more free time and enjoy a hunt "on me".

We killed a total of 4 Hogs and one turkey last week. Missed another rather Large one and saw plenty more. Couple of the guys were sittin on the side of a hill and had their position over run with about 10 pigs. Only one guy got off a shot killing one of them. I think the other one was too busy trying to keep one off of him by poking him with the gun barrel to shoot.
Anyway they had a good time.

I still have some openings for this weekend if anyone is interested.

$150.00 for the entire weekend hunt. Normally our hunts are $250.00 per day.  This is a good deal if you want to kill some hogs, We have Plenty.

LOK
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Still have some openings for this weekend and the weekend of the 4 th. I have 7 people coming for the weekend of the 11 th already. Nobody hunted last weekend and there is Fresh Hog sign everywhere in the 35 acre field we have been plowing for the Dove Field that is to be planted next Weekend.
LOK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top