Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 11:38:56 AM EDT
has anyone seen any difference in prices of guns or mags since the ban was lifted?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The price of LEO Colt's is through the roof.  Glad I got mine when I did.  Honestly, though, I think rifles will remain at what they were prior to the sunset except they will come with the evil features now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The price of LEO Colt's is through the roof.  Glad I got mine when I did.  Honestly, though, I think rifles will remain at what they were prior to the sunset except they will come with the evil features now.

What were they before the ban?   I have seen them for as low as $921.00 of course he is out.  The next lowest price is $1100.00.  Those sellers have a waiting list.  To buy one on auctionarms or gunsamerica is between $1500.00 to $2000.00.  IN-FREAKIN-SANE !!!  What the round about cost to build the equifilate (did I spell that right?) rifle?

Maxpain
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What were they before the ban?   I have seen them for as low as $921.00 of course he is out.  The next lowest price is $1100.00.  Those sellers have a waiting list.  To buy one on auctionarms or gunsamerica is between $1500.00 to $2000.00.  IN-FREAKIN-SANE !!!  What the round about cost to build the equifilate (did I spell that right?) rifle?

Maxpain

I bought my LE6920 upper a couple months ago for $739 and my LE6920 lower a couple weeks ago for $299.  People were getting complete rifles pre-sunset for $800-$900.  As far as building your own, it depends on:

1. New or used parts?
2. Specific manufacturer's parts or will any parts do?
3. Exact copy or just similar features?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maxpain

I bought my LE6920 upper a couple months ago for $739 and my LE6920 lower a couple weeks ago for $299.  People were getting complete rifles pre-sunset for $800-$900.  As far as building your own, it depends on:

1. New or used parts?

1.   New
2.   Just good stuff
3.   Similar features

I believe it's the markings such as "LEO ONLY" or "GOV'T CARBINE", etc that is driving them up.  Some of the discussions I have seen are that when and if the ban is renacted.  LEO or GOV'T marked guns will be collectors items and therefore bring more money.  

Maxpain
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maxpain

1. New or used parts?

1.   New
2.   Just good stuff
3.   Similar features

I believe it's the markings such as "LEO ONLY" or "GOV'T CARBINE", etc that is driving them up.  Some of the discussions I have seen are that when and if the ban is renacted.  LEO or GOV'T marked guns will be collectors items and therefore bring more money.  

Maxpain

The following should fit the bill:

1. Bushmaster complete M4 barrel assembly  $239
2. RRA upper receiver  $90
3. RRA bolt/carrier/charging handle  $110
3. RRA complete lower receiver minus stock assembly  $150
4. RRA collapsible stock assembly  $70

Total to build yourself  ~$650ish.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maxpain

1. New or used parts?

1.   New
2.   Just good stuff
3.   Similar features

Maxpain

$12 for a delta ring assembly, they always forget the delta ring.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maxpain

1. New or used parts?

1.   New
2.   Just good stuff
3.   Similar features

Maxpain

That damned delta assembly!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That damned delta assembly!

My Bushmaster barrel assembly had all the parts forward of the upper reiceiver included.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Wait a year, there will be a huge surplus of a lot of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:52:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wait a year, there will be a huge surplus of a lot of stuff.

Hell, I might even get you guys to help me build a AR.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:59:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Just saw a new Colt civilian M4 (LE/Govt Carbine 6920) in a nearby gun shop for $899. Not bad.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just saw a new Colt civilian M4 (LE/Govt Carbine 6920) in a nearby gun shop for $899. Not bad.

You should have bought it and sold it on auctionarms and doubled your money.Maxpain
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top