Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 7:22:02 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I was looking for some input. Has anyone seen a local dealer selling an ACOG here in Metro ATL?  I was looking to try out one before I drop some serious change for it. I've tried Bullseye in Lawrenceville, AMC on Peachtree Industrial and Adventure Outdoors in Marietta. No joy.

Is mail order my only option?

Thanks in advance,
Phong
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I went into Clyde's Armony here in Athens a couple of weeks back and they had one on the shelf.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
NOt local, but if you ever need to buy one,
Chris at www.eaglefirearms.net has ACOG TA01NSN for sale. He quoted me $770 for new, but that's may be because I am a repeat customer.
Acog is nice, but expensive. Buy it only if you need a quality magnified optic, and have money. They are NOT the best option for CQB usage.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a nice one at the gun show a couple weekends ago for $699. I wish I had the funds...It didn't have the 'Donut of Death' reticle though.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Hello, We do! We are vendors at Georgia gun shows, we work the Georgia Mountain and Eastman shows on a regular basis. USAOPTICS, we have all the Night Vision, and recently the full line of IOR optics.......The A.C.O.G.'s are tough to come by because of the demand overseas, we have heard 2-3 weeks, then get a call back and it 2-3 Months, its tough. We have so many allies and troop rotations, etc.. that it may be a long time before they ARE READILY AVAILABLE.
   If you like the CQB IOR has a new 3x25 QR-TS (Quick Response Tactical Sight) With an Illuminated CQB. Its frankly an awesome piece. Its is designed to operate as an A.C.O.G. and is actually IOR's answer to it. We are the Master Distributor for IOR and have one at the gun shows, you can also check out our website www.usaoptics.net. I do not have the ACOGs up there because of the situation, they are very hard to come by........
  Hope this has helped you and feel free to come and check out the IOR 3x25, take a look, it will hold its own..........This also happens to be our first post, We will be hanging around for awhile, what an Awesome site!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome, USA_OPTICS.  You guys run a great outfit.  I bought an IOR 6x42 from you last year by mail order.  I wasn't aware that you were doing the shows, though.  I'll have to keep an eye out for you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Well Im Glad you like it, IOR is great equipment.....We've been in Georgia now for about 5yrs. You've had to see us, We have someone in Albany today. You should stop by the tables, we have almost the full line of IOR setup at the shows. Tell me what show you you'll attend next and Ill get you in for the day for free for being a valued online customer...Thanks for the shout!

Richard Augat
Usaoptics
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I can get ACOGs, IM me with the model you want and I'll get you a price.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a TA31 you are welcome to check out.  I live in Marietta and work in Norcross.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys,

Thanks for the responses and the generous offers. I'll have to catch you guys at the next CE shoot so that'll definitely help make up my mind.

BTW, I've read some posts about some people using the TA31 as a CQB optic.  I'm not sure how that could work since the eye relief is only 1.5".  I'm currently using my EOTech 551 (which I love) and a Leupold Compact for longer ranges.  Maybe an ACOG would be a good compromise.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
We just got a TA01 in this week at Bullseye in L'ville.  Price is in the $600 range.  Check it out.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:26:13 AM EDT
[#14]
C3 Sports has one in the case up there. He orderd a display from Trijicon last year at the shot show and just received it this past week. Not sure of the price though. Its a TA01NSN.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the welcome.  I'm more of a lurker than a poster (hence the low number of posts) but if you're ever in Bullseye on Saturday, my name's Josh.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top