Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:47:01 AM EDT
for her first time shooting.     She has seen the toys come in but has never had a chance to shoot before.  Should be fun!  Poor girl only weighs just over 100 lbs and first gun.....12 gauge!  JK!  Well hope you are all having fun and Im really glad that Im getting a chance to go blast again.  Have not done that since I left town 4 months ago.  

Take care all and Ill try to get some pics!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You know the drill.........................................

Stuff it in her.......eh you know the rest.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it's a good idea to have a 100 lb woman shoot a 12 gauge for her first shooting experience. If you do, make sure to drill her on holding it right and leaning into it.

No need to hurt her or scare her away, don't you have an AR she can shoot?

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You know the drill.........................................

Stuff it in her.......eh you know the rest.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
for her first time shooting.     She has seen the toys come in but has never had a chance to shoot before.  Should be fun!  Poor girl only weighs just over 100 lbs and first gun.....12 gauge!  JK!  Well hope you are all having fun and Im really glad that Im getting a chance to go blast again.  Have not done that since I left town 4 months ago.  

Take care all and Ill try to get some pics!

Mine weighs just about the same and last time we went she shot the 50 and loved it.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I did not put her on the 12 gauge at all.  I did not want to break her in that way, but I did try to get her to shoot the AR.  But she would not pull the trigger.  She did not believe me that it would not kick.  I even shot it one handed to show her that the recoil is next to none.  But I guess the gun looked to evil.  She later said she was disapointed that she did not even try it once.  And that she would give it a shot next time.  I did get some pictures of her sitting on the bench about to shoot.  So Ill post them and if you all would please tell me how to get her to shoot for the first time.  I have tired every trick I know to show her there is nothing wrong and she will not get hurt by pulling the trigger but I was not able to get her to do it.  

Please post, and let me know how you were able to get someone that is scared of weapons to try it for the first time.  

TIA

G
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have access to a .22LR? Start small and work up. You don't want to scare her to death! My wife is still scared of guns since she was 12.......Her grandfather let her shoot his old 12 gauge and he didn't give her any directions at all.  
Knocked her on her butt and left a big bruise on her shoulder and chest....hasn't touched one since..........................................

Just my .02

archer2
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I do, I have a marlin model 60, but I forgot to bring it.  I thought of that when I was trying to get her to pull the trigger on the AR.  I think she would play with the 22lr just because of the size of the bullet.  I think that is what freaks her out the most!  

Great idea!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#8]
hmmm well like hubby said, i loved the .50 cal..if you think it would work, id love to talk to her about it!!! im tiny too
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Good ear protection has a couple of benifits other than the obvious. For one, if she can't hear the round go off, it might not scare her as bad.....a big boom will do that to some folks.

archer2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top