Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 10:40:21 PM EDT
I hope this isn't a trend setter.....

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBLT2N9WYD.html

I thought it had already been establised that gun mfg's couldn't be sued for this type incident. Ford motor company would have long been out of business if they faced this same type lawsuit when thier products resulted in death due to operator error ect. You can substitute any large auto maker in Ford's place and the outcome will be the same.

TD
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that a little while ago.
Mostly,it was the insurance company settling to reduce costs from lawyers fees.
And if you have ever been in that type of situation,if they want to settle and you don't,they won't pay anything and leave you hanging.
The insurance companies only look at $'s,not whether it is right or wrong,just what will cost them the least.
IT STILL STINKS,and as a businesman myself, I hate it on another level besides a gun issue.

The biggest flaw in the plantifs case is that Bushmaster has no way of knowing if one of their dealers is sloppy with security,and can only guess about strawman sales and such by watching out for a large number of traces from NCIC.Otherwise,the ATF won't tell them anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top