Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 6:33:01 PM EDT
I don't have any toolbars when I open Explorer.  I just get the webpage, but no back and forward buttons or search, etc.  Anybody have any idea why that would happen?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I don't know why that happens.  But you should use Firefox anyways.  Its safer, more stable, and more secure
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't even have the file, edit, etc. buttons.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No, I don't know why that happens.  But you should use Firefox anyways.  Its safer, more stable, and more secure

+1

But you should be able to press the F11 key to get most if not all of your stuff back.

P.S.  IE sucks
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

But you should be able to press the F11 key to get most if not all of your stuff back.

P.S.  IE sucks

Got it!  Thanks geekdude!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#5]
MS IE?????

Eject! Eject! Eject!

..........Just like MS Outlook, IE is a virus and hack magnet just waiting to kill your computer.  I only use it for the rare secured webpage that requires it.  Get Firefox and Eudora and have less headaches.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Just hit it I hit my computer all the time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Firefox and Thunderbird are the answers to what you seek.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Geez, all you guys bashing IE, shame on you. All the idiot did was hit the wrong button(F11), it's a feature. No offense, Bradd_D.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Geez, all you guys bashing IE, shame on you. All the idiot did was hit the wrong button(F11), it's a feature. No offense, Bradd_D.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

That's the funny thing.  I didn't hit F11...

I've downloaded Firefox to give it a try.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

That feature (F11) works in FireFox too.  But IE still sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top