Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 12:41:02 PM EDT
Hey Gang,
I 've read your hometown forum quite a bit as I've been trying to get to the marietta area for work.
I'm vaguely familiar with the Marietta/Atlanta area but need some input please.
I have a possibility to go to Franklin Ga.  Problem is, my wife has a great opportunity for a job in Kennesaw.  Obviously me working in marietta would be the best, but what do you guys think, how hellish would the commute be for the wife if I ended up in Franklin?  
I'm looking for someway to split the difference, but know how the commutes can be around hotlanta.  
I'm asking for opinions/thoughts and towns that may make for a happy medium.

You guys seem like a great group and I'd love to get there and meet up with ya, so thanks in advance for you input!

John
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like alot of driving to me.   splitting the difference and living 1/2 half way between two jobs would mean both of you have a commute greater than 1 hour/each way.   I wouldn't recommend trying to do both.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
That is quite a haul.  I'm sure it would be over an hour without traffic if you split the difference.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no such thing as a commute "without traffic" anywhere near Atlanta.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll have a house for sale in the Cumming area soon.... or should this be in the EE?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'll have a house for sale in the Cumming area soon.... or should this be in the EE?
-Hobbit

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks like alot of driving to me.   splitting the difference and living 1/2 half way between two jobs would mean both of you have a commute greater than 1 hour/each way.   I wouldn't recommend trying to do both.

and so was my fear!

Oh well doesn't look like this would be the best choice.
Thanks guys.
(BTW I'll keep my eye open in the EE for that house)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#7]
There's places to work in Franklin?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There's places to work in Franklin?

and it pays an a%* ton
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top