Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 3:06:36 PM EDT
A coworkers husband is looking at a Browning BAR Safari grade .30-06 with Bushnell scope 3-9x40, leather sling, swivel snaps. 1) Does anybody have one of these or similiar? b) If so, would you bring it Sat to CE for a demo? iii) Is $525 for one that is supposedly in real good (like new) condition? It is at a pawn shop. He assumes he can get this reduced a little. This is all the info I have on it.

Thanks,
ByteTheBullet   (-:
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Davidson's (who I like to use as a reference) has them new for $758 sans scope and mounts.    
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Davidson's (whom I like to use as a reference) has them new for $758 sans scope and mounts.    

Watch your grammar.  What are you, posting drunk?  
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Davidson's (whom I like to use as a reference) has them new for $758 sans scope and mounts.    

Watch your grammar.  What are you, posting drunk?  

I see they made you take English classes to become a mod...
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Bradd_D:
Correct usage of the word "Whom", in addition to usage of any French word, will cause a Southerner to yell at you. It would sound like the following:

"GIT OFF MY LAND!!"

Ahem.

The price sounds good to me. Nice rifles.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bradd_D:
Correct usage of the word "Whom", in addition to usage of any French word, will cause a Southerner to yell at you. It would sound like the following:

"GIT OFF MY LAND!!"

Ahem.

The price sounds good to me. Nice rifles.
-Hobbit

Hehehe...
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I am so glad I 'pre' qualified this thread by saying it was serious in the title, otherwise it might have gotten jacked or something. Glad I could provide a venue for English lessons.

Thanks Hobbit!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a like new one on Gunbroker with no scope or rings for $550.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got an uncle with a BAR Safari.  Gonna see if I can get it for Saturday.  I think the price could come down a bit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks yawl. Book I will let him know there is a chance. I can call him on Sat if it works out. Thanks.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#10]
BookHound, I just got word that the guy looking for the Browning will not be able to make it to the shoot tomorrow. Thanks very much for the offer though!! I will call you tonite if I don't see a reply acknowledging this post. Thanks again!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top