Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 7:11:41 PM EDT
Hey,  did I miss the post with the URL where we can download pics of the FOP shoot?  

I know we had a camera or two going...  And I wanna at least get the mag dump movie and the cartridge case stuck on the pole pic.

(and all the gang's pics would be nice too)

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
YEAH!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:56:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry.  I've got some pictures, but have been really swamped at work.  I'll get them posted in a day or two.

Byte, any way you can host the pictures if I send them to you?  Otherwise I've got to load them all in the arfcom photo server.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys SUCK!! I post the pics the SAME DAY when I take them!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry.  I've got some pictures, but have been really swamped at work.  I'll get them posted in a day or two.

Byte, any way you can host the pictures if I send them to you?  Otherwise I've got to load them all in the arfcom photo server.

You guys have more hosting space than I do. I can host some, but I will need to resize them to fit.

I do offer photo editing services at resonable prices!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:32:06 AM EDT
[#5]
No, dickhead.  I'll re-size them, but how should I host them?

BTW, I love you.  

You're my digital photography hero.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#6]
What 'degree' of arfcom account do you got? I was given a bronze which doesn't include pic hosting nor arfcom email. From what I gather, you upload the pics like you do your avatar, then link as you would any other web pics. Wanna make a stylin' web page like mine?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wanna make a stylin' web page like mine?

ByteTheBullet  (-:

YES!  How do I do it, oh Great One?  I can upload pix to arfcom, but then have to paste each one, one at a time in a thread.  Or, I guess I could link to the photo gallery, right?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:09:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wanna make a stylin' web page like mine?

ByteTheBullet  (-:

YES!  How do I do it, oh Great One?  I can upload pix to arfcom, but then have to paste each one, one at a time in a thread.  Or, I guess I could link to the photo gallery, right?

OK, mr computer programmer, yes, or once you get them uploaded, you(we) can make a webpage that has the pics on it(as links, but it will look like they are right there). I can easily host a page with the pics on the arfcom servers. Do you get any webspace from your ISP? You know, the guys you call up when you get on the internet. Most accounts have some space.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Heck, I don't know about webspace.  I guess I can call mindspring.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Would you two get a room or something?  Sheesh...
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If you have a mindspring dial-up account, you should have at least 5 meg of webspace. I use mindspring DSL and get 10 meg per email address, 8 email addresses. You can ftp to home.mindspring.com and login with your account name and password, simple.

the_reject: jealous?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Only if by "jealous" you mean "vomiting".
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Only if by "jealous" you mean "vomiting".

well....yeah.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If you have a mindspring dial-up account, you should have at least 5 meg of webspace. I use mindspring DSL and get 10 meg per email address, 8 email addresses. You can ftp to home.mindspring.com and login with your account name and password, simple.

I have mindspring DSL.  So, can I setup a url, or is it my e-mail address user name (i.e. <user_name>@mindspring.com)?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Guys, I just looged onto my webspace and I have 30 megs. I don't know if that is because I am an employee but I think everyone gets it.

Book, your webspace url would be www.mindspring.com/~bookhound
or something similar to that.

Cancel that.. I looked at my 'paid' DSL account and I have 25 megs so odds are you have the 25 megs as well.

gilfrd
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Guys, I just looged onto my webspace and I have 30 megs. I don't know if that is because I am an employee but I think everyone gets it.

Book, your webspace url would be www.mindspring.com/~bookhound
or something similar to that.

Cancel that.. I looked at my 'paid' DSL account and I have 25 megs so odds are you have the 25 megs as well.

gilfrd

What did you use to check webspace? I HATE the TotalAccess software crap. Too much like AOL.

BookHound: this might be easier on the phone, or at the shoot.

Your EarthLink DSL service includes:
Unlimited High-Speed Internet access
Downstream speed: Up to 1.5Mbps*
Upstream speed: Up to 128kbps*
Free ZoneAlarm personal firewall software **
8 email accounts
10 MB of personal Web space for your homepage per email account
Dynamic IP addressing for added security
Toll-free tech support from our friendly DSL experts -- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
20 hours of dial-up access per month--so you can access your email or the Web while away from home
For a low additional cost, you can get a Static IP Address designed for PC gaming and telecommuting.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Criminy...

Howzabout you just mail them to me.  [email protected] works just fine.  10MB limit at once, cleared out every 30 mins by my home box.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:06:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey BookHound, I use the great and powerful WS_FTP LE from Ipswitch. You can get it at ftpplanet.com

I've tried many different ftp programs and this one seems to be the easiest, no frills application out there.

Let me know and I'll be glad to help you out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:06:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Criminy...

Howzabout you just mail them to me.  [email protected] works just fine.  10MB limit at once, cleared out every 30 mins by my home box.

See what you started?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

See what you started?!?

Um, no.... because I still don't have the PICS!

:D

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Okay.  Sorry, but I've been back and forth three times to Columbus, GA  this week (Tues - Thurs).  THis week has just been crazy.  I still haven't had time to work on the pics.  I did, however, get to work on some C++ and Java code for 19 hours on Wednesday alone.  I feel like a zombie.

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#22]
OK OK... I guess I can't say anything after being in Deep Job Mode after my unemployment gig...

If ya need any help with SCM solutions for your code, lemme know.  :)  I think I can remember some C stuff too.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Dare I even ask how the pics are coming?

:D

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:06:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Thread necromancy!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, I've got the pictures all sized for the web, but the arfcom photo server has been acting weird.  I don't want to host them on my mindspring account space because the address would include my name, which I don't want to post on a public forum.

Byte, can you host them if I e-mail them to you?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Not to shy away...do you have a DSL account with mspring? You get 8 email addresses and 10 meg of webspace for each...
If not, what it the total bytes of the pics?

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Shit - I just checked...it's NOT deja vu...i DID cover this shit already!!! HELLO...McFLY!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Bueller....  Bueller....
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I have the space, dickhead, I just don't want my last name published on the board.

(Sorry for the dickhead comment.  I really love you. )
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Tell ya what fellas ...Ill publish my dickhead on the board...  
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I have the space, dickhead, I just don't want my last name published on the board.

(Sorry for the dickhead comment.  I really love you. )

I will say this s-l-o-w-l-y so Forrest will understand...

Do you have an EXTRA mailbox? Create one using...oh, I [email protected](or one of the other 30 domains) and use THAT 10 meg of space to host your pics. That is what I did.

I know you don't know how to upload files...you could email me the pics, give me the password to your Hound account(that has ZERO access to your precious main account) and I would upload the pics. I was even gonna make you a snazzy webpage.

hmmm, I could repeat this if I typed it too fast.

Show of hands...did anyone else see where I was going with this?

ATLGA, DO NOT send me any pics of your dickhead...pics of your girlfriend on the other hand...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I did create a new mail account.  But the account name is the name used in the url.  So it won't work.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#32]
hehehehe..

Actually that changed about the 'each email address has 10 megs' deal.

Now it is just 10 megs, period. Another wonderful Earthlink idea.

If you wanna send me the pics I'll host them depending on the size, I can handle up to 30 megs.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
hehehehe..

Actually that changed about the 'each email address has 10 megs' deal.

Now it is just 10 megs, period. Another wonderful Earthlink idea.

If you wanna send me the pics I'll host them depending on the size, I can handle up to 30 megs.  

You are kidding right? Will long standing members be grandfathered? I believe it is time to start seriously looking for a new ISP. I used to brag on Mspring. Oh well.

BookHound, you never did say how much space you needed. I am giving up on the other stuff. You beat me down.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#34]
A couple of ideas...

You could start a WinMX chatroom (I've been playing with WinMX lately, and it seems pretty nifty), make it by invite only, and host the files out that way.

You could also host a zip file, and only put the password here.

I could pester my roommate to finally set up the freakin' web service on one of our linuxboxen.  We've got DSL and a static IP.  (Speakeasy kicks serious ass, y'all)

We could trade CD's around at the next funshow.

I'm honestly cool with any of these ideas -- I just want to show my friends the vid of the magdump, and the pics of all the guys, guns, and the commie case that stuck on the support pole.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top