Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 5:36:57 PM EDT
I will be traveling into the Columbus/Ft. Benning area to visit my brother, who is currently stationed in the area.

As he has been wanting to check out my M4gery I brought the black rifle along, the only snag being that he is not aware of any shooting ranges in his area.

Anybody know of one?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
When ya comin' through?  I've got some business in the Columbus area later this month and will probably be down there (150 south of my home) sometime in the next few weeks.  Maybe I'll just have to bring a rifle or two with me.

I'm not sure of any GA members from that area.  However, Benning used to open the range to the public (not sure if it was only weekends or what).  I'll find out tomorrow and post the info I get.

Welcome to GA.  Travel safely.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Soup on pre-ban.com/
might be able to help you out.

ARH
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Haven't found out about Benning yet, but I did find Shooters.  Per their website:

"Shooters of Columbus is Columbus's ONLY Indoor Range and Gunshop."

www.surfinary.com/

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys.  I am only going to be there from tomorrow to monday.

Looking at the page, Shooters of Columbus appears to be only a pistol range.  Any others?

I'll check with Soup later.  I'll be driving for most of today.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#5]
My bad.  I didn't catch that.  I was told Benning hosts shooting events, matches, etc. but otherwise doesn't have a range open to the public.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Just spoke with Bob at Shooters.  He confirmed they are pistol caliber only.  The only rifle range he knows of around there in the Hannahatchee WMA (Wildlife Management Area) in Stewart county south of Columbus.  The DNR number for that area is (229) 430-4254.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#7]
www.rpcrange.com
might be a little steep to join just to shoot and a little late with the info. looks like they have a match today at 2 pm. www.rpcrange.com/competition.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top