Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 5:27:24 AM EDT
Just wanted to let you guys know you missed a very challenging and fun 3 gun match at South River this past weekend. Gizmo and I shot in the same squad and had a great time. Gizmo even wore his AR15 shirt in case any of you guys showed up. We got a little wet in the afternoon, but after a short delay, we finished the match. Even if IPSC is not your thing, you should come out and shoot for a couple of reasons. #1- any trigger time is good time. #2- It's an excellent test of your equipment, there's nothing like testing your gear with the timer running. #3- You'll get so much more experience from running stages as opposed to standing on a firing line, punching holes in paper. #4- You'll pick up some excellent training, equipment, and technique tips from some of the top IPSC shooters in the country. I'll let you guys know when the next 3 gun match is happening, hope to see you there.

VSP
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll come to the next match, if the schedule allows for it.  Please keep us posted.

Any pictures?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Can do, No pictures though. Too busy shooting:)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
VSP .... how'd you do on the steel in rifle range?

I got one popper.   I could barely see the 150 yd and 200 yard steel.  I need work.

The next three gun is August 16 and 17 at South River.  Its the Area Championship.  Don't let that scare you.  All levels are welcome.  You can count on the stages being EXCELLENT.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#4]
August?  I guess that's plenty of notice.  Count me in.  Just don't expect much.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:51:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Mikefromphilly,
    I hit both steel plates with my 3rd shot respectively. Although I was shooting iron sights (limited), I was surprised it took that many. I regularly shoot the 200 yd steel plates at Cherokee gun club and usually have no problem hitting them. I think shooting prone caused a minor deviation in my sight picture. Looks like its time for some more practice. I ran the course in 42 sec., How'd you do? Also, where in philly are you from? I grew up there myself.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
South River scores are finally posted. FYI. It was a fun match. I wish the weather had held off a few more hours. I would like to have seen all scores complete for all the stages. That's the only true way to know where you stand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top