Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 5:25:49 AM EDT
Hello:

Was going to the gunshow Saturday to look for some ammo for my AR. Other than the shows I've been buying the Winchester 40 round packs at Wally World for $7.47 a box. Anywho any of you guys know where locally to get a good deal on say 500-1000 rounds of ammo? Don't think I want to use the Wolf ammo. I like the Winchester stuff. I'd like to get it in 5.56 if possible. Anyone at the show to look for specifically?

Thanks,
Andy
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a shop off Hwy 124 between Hamilton Mill Road and Hwy 20 (near the Mall of Georgia) called Dixie Firearms.  Their website is www.dixiefirearms.com.  Their everyday price on Winchester Q3131A is $180 plus tax.

At the gun shows you can sometimes find it cheaper.  Keep in mind, you’re paying $7 just to get into the gun show.  So if all you’re doing is going to a show to buy ammo, right off the bat you need to find someone selling Q3131A at $173 a case to break even.  (Heck, I like going to the good shows just to hang out with everyone from this site.  But you get my point regarding the ammo.)  

You are currently paying $186.75 plus tax per case (25 boxes = 1000 rounds) for non-M193 spec ammo.  I’m always up for splitting a case if you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top