Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2021 9:20:50 AM EDT
Hey all, hoping someone who knows the Piedmont better than me can help with this.

I have a few very old friends coming down from Jersey toward the end of this month for their first visit to the southlands.
Got plans for a cookout, a day on the lake, the whole deal.

While they were down they were very interested in having me take them through some basics of carbine operation and some basic Stop the Bleed work. Being that they don't live in a free state it is tough to get around those things for them.

I am hoping someone here may have a suggestion of somewhere that is public land, a public range, or private land even where we would be able to have 4 guys shoot maybe a total of 500 rounds for the day...but more importantly where I would be able to take them through some instruction with the weapons and TQ's without being constrained by a lateral firing line.

Normally when I take first timers out I take them to Foothills and we shoot their steel, but for what these guys are looking to do I need somewhere that I won't have an RO barking at me for walking from lane to lane.

TLDR looking for a basically unsupervised spot anywhere within 2.5 hours of Charlotte.

Responsible, safety minded shooters - so I am NOT looking to go anywhere near any location that isn't clearly black and white legal.

Always appreciate the help.

**EDIT** - I have target stands, tables and all that jazz - don't need anything on site at all
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
To be honest 10 clear yards would do in a pinch - 35 would blow them away with what I could do with the space....I try not to ask for much haha

I appreciate the effort in the first place, truly.
Feel free to PM me also if you need any other details.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may know of something right up your alley . Let me check on a couple of things and I'll get back with you.  
How long of a range are you needing ?
View Quote

To be honest 10 clear yards would do in a pinch - 35 would blow them away with what I could do with the space....I try not to ask for much haha

I appreciate the effort in the first place, truly.
Feel free to PM me also if you need any other details
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top