Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2021 8:57:52 PM EDT
hope come of you can give me some info....gonna be picking up incoming passengers at Charlotte airport on the 27th.  Can't find anything on their website related to carrying of firearms no premises.  Obviously I won't be going through security into the "sterile" area, just waiting in the terminal for them to come through from the aircraft.  I also am not entirely up to speed on NC carry laws in general.  I do have a SC CWP, so I'm fairly sure I can carry as long as I'm in accordance with NC laws...Any info concerning the airport would be great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I know ILM in Wilmington prohibits CC inside the  ticket counter and baggage claim area. I expect this at any airport. I've never had to go inside the Charlotte to pick someone up. I always get them curbside...
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
No Carry on any real property at Charlotte-Douglas Intl.

HandgunLaw US NC

Look under the section "Airport Carry/Misc. Information" for statutes and local ordinance references.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know ILM in Wilmington prohibits CC inside the  ticket counter and baggage claim area. I expect this at any airport. I've never had to go inside the Charlotte to pick someone up. I always get them curbside...
View Quote

Thanks for the input.  However not all airports are the same.  Hartsfield-Jackson international in Atlanta you can legally CC within the airport, as long as you're not travelling through security into the terminals....but then that airport has a fairly sizeable common area/restaurant/shops main terminal building for people dropping off or picking up travellers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't actually go inside the airport you should be fine, just wait in the cell phone lot and pull around when you make your pickup. They have number and color coded areas for pickup, so just have them tell you yellow 3, or red 2 or wherever, so it's quick and easy to find them. You will be in and out in no time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
This all sounds great, until on realizes they are teenagers coming off the plane.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
First time there.  they will only have their carry on bags.  And I will have to wait outside security.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ok. I think you’ll be just fine not going in.

They’ll follow all the signs to baggage claim. Once they walk through security, to where you would meet them...it’s a couple steps to an escalator to go down to baggage claim. When they get to the bottom of the escalator, they’re 20’-50’ from the exit doors to go outside. You can park in the cell phone lot, which is on the right as you come into the property. (If you miss it, just circle all the way around and keep an eye out for three signs).

If they call you as they exit the plane, you can head to the front and meet them. It really is just a straight walk/ride escalator/walk for them once they pass through security on the way out. It’s possible if they come from A or E, they have to turn to the escalator, but it’s still just a couple steps.

I think they’ll have to walk out past the bus lane, but there’s a huge sidewalk for them to wait for you.

Map here: https://assets.ctfassets.net/jaw4bomip9l3/4pxrmgujBO5V2x0i3FlhrH/fcc297d86a02f9c49b27a5bdc9004da0/Terminal_Map_-_Backlit_60x54_Web_Mar_2021.pdf

@johnQpublik - If you want to talk it over, send me a PM with a phone number. Just in case my explanation didn’t make sense.
View Quote

The only thing that really doesn't make sense is you keep mentioning them going through security, on the way out??  Is this a new thing? or is this Charlotte specific?  I've flown s recently as 2 years ago and there was no security check on the way out...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How’d it go?
View Quote

Sitting here now waiting...flight scheduled to touch down at 7:30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top