Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2013 12:00:54 PM EDT
http://www.wral.com/two-people-injured-in-shooting-at-raleigh-gun-show/12000843/
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.wral.com/two-people-injured-in-shooting-at-raleigh-gun-show/12000843/

Lib Media is going to be all over this....
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I am interested in the particulars of the case. Did the "official" shoot the gun while checking it?

VO
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am interested in the particulars of the case. Did the "official" shoot the gun while checking it?

VO

Shotty went off during uncasing by owner. Cop never touched it per video on wral, vid was live @ 4:30, don't see link to it now on website, just the story.

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
According to ABC11:

An eyewitness told ABC11 that a person brought a loaded semi-automatic pistol to a security check-in area around 1 p.m. Saturday. The gun owner reportedly removed the gun's slide out magazine, but there was still a round in the gun's chamber.

When a law enforcement officer went to secure the weapon with a zip tie through the trigger area and around the grip, the gun went off as the zip tie was pulled tight.

So take anything in the media with a grain of salt...
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
A man identified as [redacted], 54, of Durham, brought the 12-gauge shotgun to the show at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds and was attempting to remove it from its case when the weapon went off shortly after 1 p.m., police said.

The show, which is held inside the Jim Graham Building, closed for the remainder of the day but will continue Sunday without private gun sales. Authorities said gun sales by dealers and vendors will be allowed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I was there.  Crazy show, probably 500 people
in line before the doors opened, and it basically stayed
that way.  I bought my ticket early, skipped the line
and walked in at 10.

Probably 50 or more extra tables than normal, all aisles
were packed to the gills.

At 5 till 1:00 pm, they announced that the show was closed
and to please exit.  I saw the two ambulances there already,
and saw a man being wheeled out on a stretcher - he was
alert and looked ok.

I'm pretty sure that they shut the show down when the firemen
arrived and saw how many people were in the building.

My dad's first gun show certainly made an impression!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
how much y'all wanna bet that obummer administration uses this to further his gun law crap. :(

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Video now up on replay from wral

http://www.wral.com/news/video/12001157/#/vid12001157

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
According to ABC11:

An eyewitness told ABC11 that a person brought a loaded semi-automatic pistol to a security check-in area around 1 p.m. Saturday. The gun owner reportedly removed the gun's slide out magazine, but there was still a round in the gun's chamber.

When a law enforcement officer went to secure the weapon with a zip tie through the trigger area and around the grip, the gun went off as the zip tie was pulled tight.

So take anything in the media with a grain of salt...

Propaganda. Since when does the officer never retract the slide, wife when does the zip tie goes through the trigger area. New people piss me off. I've seen handguns zip tied through the barrel and over the top and through the magwell out the ejection port.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/19/3-hurt-in-accidental-shooting-at-north-carolina-gun-show/

State agriculture department spokesman Brian Long says a 12-gauge shotgun discharged while its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check it at a security entrance.

Two bystanders were hit by shotgun pellets and taken to a hospital. A retired deputy sheriff suffered a slight hand injury.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
The upside is that though there was a fairly long line when I got there this morning at 0930, the show in general was fairly quiet.  Steady stream of people in and out, but no madness ensuing.  I guess the ND yesterday took care of a lot of the panic buyers...

That said, there was still nothing at below rape prices (except maybe the guys at Quantico).  I saw a Barrett M107A1 with a price tag where they shop had scratched over $4995 and written in $15995, and several $800 SKSs... and a couple $300.00 Mosins (or, as it was pronounced, Moysen Naygant).

But I did at least find a guy with 6.5x55 Swedish for 15.00 a box, got a stack of ammo cans for 25.00 towards the end of the day.

Only bad thing was that my mom bought a Taurus PT-22 for $275 :( she'd already paid for it and filled out the paperwork before I got over to the table to see what she was doing... then madness trying to find any .22LR in the show...
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:05:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My favorite was the "Clips" person who didn't even bother to reprice their individual items.

Just made a placard which read "Just Double Marked Prices".  
Quoted:

That said, there was still nothing at below rape prices (except maybe the guys at Quantico).  I saw a Barrett M107A1 with a price tag where they shop had scratched over $4995 and written in $15995, and several $800 SKSs... and a couple $300.00 Mosins (or, as it was pronounced, Moysen Naygant).

Oh yeah, hahaha! That lady can eat a bag of dicks... I tried selling her some steel 30 round SKS mags once (yeah, I was a miscreant in my youth) and she offered me 2.00 each... sold them in the parking lot for about 20.00 each.  But this time I was actually looking for 15 and 17 rounders for my wife's P95, and her price, after the "double the price discount) would have put them at over $100 each

BUT some good does come from it.  My wife has now discovered Gun Broker and is projecting her love of buying shoes and purses on eBay onto buying gun stuff from GB

I really wish I could have availed myself of your PMAG deal, but the show was a week too early.  If it had happened next weekend, I'd have just gotten paid would would have had a new infusion of toy money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top