Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
can you imagine what would happen if the other party mentioned this
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes I think I almost hate her more than Obama
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
She let her bloomers show on that comment.  

I think this will provide sufficient justification to send her home at the end of the term.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
As I new resident of SC as of this month, I would like to take this "opportunity" to request that NC has its own hometown forum.  Don't let a crisis go to waste and all that.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As I new resident of SC as of this month, I would like to take this "opportunity" to request that NC has its own hometown forum.  Don't let a crisis go to waste and all that.

We are gonna be a Karolina here soon. Or Commilina.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought I was joking with that last reply.

I went to get a pistol purchase permit. I have someone say I'm of good moral character, and then I get to go for a mental health screening.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can't wait to get that crazy B++ch out of there

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:11:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I went to get a pistol purchase permit. I have someone say I'm of good moral character, and then I get to go for a mental health screening.

what ? i'm confused .... are you saying that you went to get a pistol permit, and you were asked to have someone state that you were of good moral character? and that you were required to go for a mental health screening ?

i'm calling BS if i understood that right. i was not required to do that for my CHP, nor do i know anyone else who has.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll attach the application and the good moral character form tomorrow when I get to the office. I scanned it there. They are on the same piece of paper.

Once I return that, THEN they'll give me the form to go get a mental health screening. I'll attach that one too when I get it.

Moore County.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what ? i'm confused .... are you saying that you went to get a pistol permit, and you were asked to have someone state that you were of good moral character? and that you were required to go for a mental health screening ?

i'm calling BS if i understood that right. i was not required to do that for my CHP, nor do i know anyone else who has.

Go read the law and be informed NCGS 14-415.12 (a)3 and NCGS 14-415.13(a)5 some sheriff's do it them selves and some make the applicant do the work for them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go read the law and be informed NCGS 14-415.12 (a)3 and NCGS 14-415.13(a)5 some sheriff's do it them selves and some make the applicant do the work for them.

yes i know that the statement of "good moral character" is within the scope of the law, however as i stated neither i, nor anyone else i know was ever required to provide a signed statement or form . nor have i or anyone else i know ever had to go for a mental health evaluation pryor to the issuing of a handgun permit.

i was however, required to sign waivers for my CHP (due to HIPPA) to allow the sheriff to obtain and review medical, mental health or admissions to a substance abuse facility records. maybe this is a case of YMMV and is the norm for iibdsiil's county and sheriff .... BTW, what county is that ? i'm in meck and though they were a PITA.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:35:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Same piece of paper, front and back:

Front

Back

I was told it cannot be an immediate member of the family or live at the same address.

I used someone from out of state as I really don't have too many people here I'd feel comfortable asking to make a claim like that about me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sometimes I think I almost hate her more than Obama

She's hit my wallet harder than Obama, I know that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#17]
So we won't hold them accountable for doing a lousy job so they won't spend all their time and effort doing something that isn't their job?

This moron needs to go.....
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Same piece of paper, front and back:

Front

Back

I was told it cannot be an immediate member of the family or live at the same address.

I used someone from out of state as I really don't have too many people here I'd feel comfortable asking to make a claim like that about me.

wow ... i stand corrected on raising the BS flag ... first time i've ever seen that.

as i stated in a previous post, i know the statement of "good moral character" was written into the law, but i was never asked to fill out anything like that nor do i know anyone who has. i've also never known anyone having to go for a mental health screening for a pistol permit. i've had my CHP for some time now ( around 96 i think ) so i haven't needed a permit to purchase for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm going for my class on the 22nd so I'm hoping they'll let me use the same mental health screening twice. Probably not
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I thought they canned the character witness stuff. Because they had people being denied permits based on the witness failing the background check. So you had people not getting arms because of some one else.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Turns out I don't have to go for an exam. I signed a release that they send upstairs (court house I guess) and verify that I haven't had any problems I guess.

I picked up the CHP packet and don't have to go get an exam for them either. I had to pay $10 at "Day Mark" to release any info they have on me: none. Day Mark is a mental health and drug rehab place.

I feel a tiny bit better, I wasn't sure I could pass a mental health screening after hanging out in GD so much
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Turns out I don't have to go for an exam. I signed a release that they send upstairs (court house I guess) and verify that I haven't had any problems I guess.

I picked up the CHP packet and don't have to go get an exam for them either. I had to pay $10 at "Day Mark" to release any info they have on me: none. Day Mark is a mental health and drug rehab place.

I feel a tiny bit better, I wasn't sure I could pass a mental health screening after hanging out in GD so much

Same thing here.

To get back on topic.  Has anyone written/emailed Queen Bev to get her explanation?  I was going to but between work and a pregnant wife I haven't been able to draft a letter worthy of the situation.  I think she was likely trying to say that they all spend too much time worrying about reelection than taking care of business but she did a piss poor job of getting that point across.  I can't wait until the dumb  is gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top