Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2011 6:33:04 PM EDT
Thinking about filling out an application to this place.... was wondering if there are any members on here.

What's the place like?

-ZA
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a nice club....great facilities
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice facilities.  Offers lots of opportunities to try different shooting sports.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Delemorte is a member there and here, he's taken me to the outdoor and indoor ranges––very nice facilities there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been a member for several years. Good people, good faciliies, lots of activities. It's run very professionally.  

New members have to go through a lot more to get full membership these days compared to when I first joined. Background checks, higher initiatioin fee, shooting qualifications, etc. There was a surge of interest a couple years ago and the board had to put some checkpoints in place to ensure the membership maintained a degree of maturity.

Most of the RSOs are good guys who will pretty much leave you alone so long as you're not a jerk. There are a couple every now and then who seem to look over your shoulder a little too much but they are the exception.

I'll be spending most of this Wednesday at the outdoor range (I finally have a week off of work). Let me know if you're intererested in meeting me there and I'll show you around and you can shoot as my guest.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got home from the indoor facility. Been a member about 2 years and love it. Safe, friendly and a very nice facility.

If you shoot 1x per month or more, its money well spent
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
best money I ever spent
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked into it myself a couple of years ago, but then I did my ccw qualification shoot at Mecklenburg Wildlife Club and liked that a lot so I signed up there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been a member for several years. Good people, good faciliies, lots of activities. It's run very professionally.  

New members have to go through a lot more to get full membership these days compared to when I first joined. Background checks, higher initiatioin fee, shooting qualifications, etc. There was a surge of interest a couple years ago and the board had to put some checkpoints in place to ensure the membership maintained a degree of maturity.

Most of the RSOs are good guys who will pretty much leave you alone so long as you're not a jerk. There are a couple every now and then who seem to look over your shoulder a little too much but they are the exception.

I'll be spending most of this Wednesday at the outdoor range (I finally have a week off of work). Let me know if you're intererested in meeting me there and I'll show you around and you can shoot as my guest.

I'm currently a member at RCWA, mainly due to the fact it's less then 12 miles from my office, after work it's nice to be able to get there and do some shooting before it gets dark. on the other hand, i live in clt, and have thought about the charlotte rifle and pistol club as well.

a few questens;
what distances do they have for rifle, how is the pistol shooting set up ?, all out door or do they have an indoor pistol range as well ?, covered bays for shooting ?
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm currently a member at RCWA, mainly due to the fact it's less then 12 miles from my office, after work it's nice to be able to get there and do some shooting before it gets dark. on the other hand, i live in clt, and have thought about the charlotte rifle and pistol club as well.

a few questens;
what distances do they have for rifle, how is the pistol shooting set up ?, all out door or do they have an indoor pistol range as well ?, covered bays for shooting ?

They have a nice indoor range in the Matthews area. I've been known to go there during my lunch break at work (I work in Matthews).

Rifle range goes to 300 yards. then there's the combat range where you can have a lot of fun moving and shooting pistol, rifle, shotgun, whatever.

Plinking and pistol ranges are limited to 2000 fps and go to about 75 yards. Pistol  range is target only while the plinking ranges are move versitile (paper, steel, bowling pins, etc.) Pistol and one of the plinking ranges have covered shooting positions. The other plinking range and the combat range are open.

Then there're the shotgun ranges (skeet, trap, etc) I'm not in to that so I can't really tell you a lot about that side of the range.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 2:48:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

a few questens;

They have a nice indoor range in the Matthews area. I've been known to go there during my lunch break at work (I work in Matthews).

Rifle range goes to 300 yards. then there's the combat range where you can have a lot of fun moving and shooting pistol, rifle, shotgun, whatever.

Plinking and pistol ranges are limited to 2000 fps and go to about 75 yards. Pistol  range is target only while the plinking ranges are move versitile (paper, steel, bowling pins, etc.) Pistol and one of the plinking ranges have covered shooting positions. The other plinking range and the combat range are open.

Then there're the shotgun ranges (skeet, trap, etc) I'm not in to that so I can't really tell you a lot about that side of the range.

thanks

do i want to know what it cost for a membership ?
do they have "open" days, or events that the public is welcome ? how would one be able to check the place out ?

Link Posted: 4/22/2011 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

a few questens;

thanks

do i want to know what it cost for a membership ?
do they have "open" days, or events that the public is welcome ? how would one be able to check the place out ?

$500 initiation fee, and around $200 per year for dues.  So it's like $700 out of pocket to get started.  This is why I'm not a member yet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Sinsir, TRGuy is a member, give him a call.

Let me add it is a CLUB. You are expected to contribute time and effort each month in addition to the fees.

It is a large well maintained facility with no employees. The members keep it up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
how much is it
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#14]
JOIN CRPC

GENERAL ORIENTATION: This orientation is required of every prospective member. This orientation consists of such items as the club's history, the club's mission, general rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc. and range safety rules

Upon successful completion of the general orientation, the prospective member shall complete an application for membership. A check or cash in the amount of $50.00 shall be submitted with the application. This amount will be credited towards the $500.00 initiation fee and is nonrefundable.

BACKGROUND CHECK: The applicant will furnish proof of a background check or pay a $25.00 fee to cover the club's cost to have a background check completed by an independent third party.

SPONSORS: It is not necessary to have a sponsor but it is encouraged. It is the sponsor's responsibility to spend enough time at the range supervising and, if necessary, coaching the applicant to bring his or her proficiency up to the standards required to pass the range qualification requirements

X-RING PUBLICATION: The applicant's name shall be published in the X-Ring for a period of 30 days for membership comments. The applicant shall then be eligible to be inducted into the club.

RANGE ORIENTATION: Orientations shall be held for the Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol and Indoor Ranges. Applicants must successfully complete a specific Range Orientation to be eligible to shoot on that range.

INDOOR ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the indoor range facility.

SHOTGUN ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the shotgun facilities. This orientation consists of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the shotgun range. The applicant shall also demonstrate that he or she is capable of handling a shotgun in a safe manner. There shall be a test at the end of this orientation and a passing grade is required. This orientation shall be conducted by a qualified shotgun member.

RIFLE ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the rifle range. This orientation consists of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the rifle range. The applicant shall also demonstrate that he or she is capable of handling a rifle in a safe manner. There shall be a test at the end of this orientation and a passing grade is required. This orientation shall be conducted by a qualified range safety officer.

PISTOL ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the pistol facilities. This orientation consists of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the pistol range. The applicant shall also demonstrate that he or she is capable of handling a pistol in a safe manner. There shall be a test at the end of this orientation and a passing grade is required. This orientation shall be conducted by a qualifying officer.

PLINKING RANGE ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the Plinking Range. This orientation consists of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the Plinking Range. The applicant shall also demonstrate that he or she is capable of handling a firearm in a safe manner. There shall be a test at the end of this orientation and a passing grade is required. This orientation shall be conducted by a qualifying officer.

NOTE: Only those club members on the approved qualifying officer's list are qualified to conduct combat, pistol and plinking range qualification proficiency tests.

INDUCTION PROGRAM: The applicant shall attend a meeting of the Executive Board and request to be inducted into the Club. The membership chairman must confirm that the applicant has satisfactorily completed the application process.

CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE: Prospective members who have completed the general orientations and whose name has been posted in the club's publication (X-Ring - usually posted on the club website by the 15th of the month) for a period of thirty (30) days may then attend the Executive Board for acceptance as a Conditional Member. This is usually the second meeting AFTER their general orientation. PLAN TO ARRIVE AT THE INDOOR RANGE BY 6:45PM AND BRING ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS (proof of background check, NRA membership, and check list, range and qualification results) IN ORDER TO BE INDUCTED AT THE BOARD MEETING.

CONDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP: Upon completion of the Induction Program, range qualifications and range written tests, the applicant shall become a conditional member, after successfully completing the conditional membership. The applicant will become a general member with access to only the ranges of the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club on which he or she has qualified. These memberships shall be identified by the badge given to the member.

A conditional member shall remain in conditional status for a period of 6 months and shall complete the following:

Twelve hours of general work that benefits the Club. The requirement may be waived for the payment of $100.00. Four hours assisting the Range Officer for each range the applicant desires to use based on their orientation, not to exceed a total of eight hours. No violations of Club or program rules, regulations, policies or procedures.

Upon expiration of the 6 months and the completion of the three conditional requirements, the conditional member shall be a full General, Shotgun, Rifle or Pistol member.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
JOIN CRPC

GENERAL ORIENTATION: This orientation is required of every prospective member. This orientation consists of such items as the club's history, the club's mission, general rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc. and range safety rules

Upon successful completion of the general orientation, the prospective member shall complete an application for membership. A check or cash in the amount of $50.00 shall be submitted with the application. This amount will be credited towards the $500.00 initiation fee and is nonrefundable.

BACKGROUND CHECK: The applicant will furnish proof of a background check or pay a $25.00 fee to cover the club's cost to have a background check completed by an independent third party.

SPONSORS: It is not necessary to have a sponsor but it is encouraged. It is the sponsor's responsibility to spend enough time at the range supervising and, if necessary, coaching the applicant to bring his or her proficiency up to the standards required to pass the range qualification requirements

X-RING PUBLICATION: The applicant's name shall be published in the X-Ring for a period of 30 days for membership comments. The applicant shall then be eligible to be inducted into the club.

RANGE ORIENTATION: Orientations shall be held for the Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol and Indoor Ranges. Applicants must successfully complete a specific Range Orientation to be eligible to shoot on that range.

INDOOR ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the indoor range facility.

SHOTGUN ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the shotgun facilities. This orientation consists of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the shotgun range. The applicant shall also demonstrate that he or she is capable of handling a shotgun in a safe manner. There shall be a test at the end of this orientation and a passing grade is required. This orientation shall be conducted by a qualified shotgun member.

RIFLE ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the rifle range. This orientation consists of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the rifle range. The applicant shall also demonstrate that he or she is capable of handling a rifle in a safe manner. There shall be a test at the end of this orientation and a passing grade is required. This orientation shall be conducted by a qualified range safety officer.

PISTOL ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the pistol facilities. This orientation consists of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the pistol range. The applicant shall also demonstrate that he or she is capable of handling a pistol in a safe manner. There shall be a test at the end of this orientation and a passing grade is required. This orientation shall be conducted by a qualifying officer.

PLINKING RANGE ORIENTATION: This orientation is only required if the applicant wishes to use the Plinking Range. This orientation consists of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the Plinking Range. The applicant shall also demonstrate that he or she is capable of handling a firearm in a safe manner. There shall be a test at the end of this orientation and a passing grade is required. This orientation shall be conducted by a qualifying officer.

NOTE: Only those club members on the approved qualifying officer's list are qualified to conduct combat, pistol and plinking range qualification proficiency tests.

INDUCTION PROGRAM: The applicant shall attend a meeting of the Executive Board and request to be inducted into the Club. The membership chairman must confirm that the applicant has satisfactorily completed the application process.

CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE: Prospective members who have completed the general orientations and whose name has been posted in the club's publication (X-Ring - usually posted on the club website by the 15th of the month) for a period of thirty (30) days may then attend the Executive Board for acceptance as a Conditional Member. This is usually the second meeting AFTER their general orientation. PLAN TO ARRIVE AT THE INDOOR RANGE BY 6:45PM AND BRING ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS (proof of background check, NRA membership, and check list, range and qualification results) IN ORDER TO BE INDUCTED AT THE BOARD MEETING.

CONDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP: Upon completion of the Induction Program, range qualifications and range written tests, the applicant shall become a conditional member, after successfully completing the conditional membership. The applicant will become a general member with access to only the ranges of the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club on which he or she has qualified. These memberships shall be identified by the badge given to the member.

A conditional member shall remain in conditional status for a period of 6 months and shall complete the following:

Twelve hours of general work that benefits the Club. The requirement may be waived for the payment of $100.00. Four hours assisting the Range Officer for each range the applicant desires to use based on their orientation, not to exceed a total of eight hours. No violations of Club or program rules, regulations, policies or procedures.

Upon expiration of the 6 months and the completion of the three conditional requirements, the conditional member shall be a full General, Shotgun, Rifle or Pistol member.

on the other hand ....... i'll pass

thanks NOI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top