Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 5:08:30 PM EDT
Just wanted to let people know about Fletcher Feed & Seed.  This is a great, small venue for live bluegrass, mountain, traditional country, old time and americana music.

There is no cover, all bands work for donations only.  And they come from all over Appalachia.  

The Feed & Seed is a church that figures they are already paying rent and heat, so why not open the place up for some good music.  They are very low key about the church part, so do not fear being preached at (if that concerns you), it doesn't happen.

It's just a great place, no alcohol, more of a listening room, with space to dance and clog.  Shows are pretty much done by 9:30.  It's an old school crowd, very salt of the earth.  Good people. Free coffee.  Cheap snacks.

Shows happen pretty much every Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes Sunday evening and other days.

I enjoy the place, not affiliated in any way, just wanted to share info about it.

http://www.feedandseednc.com/
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
and it also has no affilition with the "Feed and Seed" store that it's across the street from that's been there for a lot longer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
This sounds wonderful. Is this an all year venue?

Edited to add:

I went to their website, this place is incredible. I am going to have go with my wife this fall. She is in Afghanistan at the moment and I am putting together a list of things to do when she gets home. This is definitely on it.

Quoted:
Just wanted to let people know about Fletcher Feed & Seed.  This is a great, small venue for live bluegrass, mountain, traditional country, old time and americana music.

There is no cover, all bands work for donations only.  And they come from all over Appalachia.  

The Feed & Seed is a church that figures they are already paying rent and heat, so why not open the place up for some good music.  They are very low key about the church part, so do not fear being preached at (if that concerns you), it doesn't happen.

It's just a great place, no alcohol, more of a listening room, with space to dance and clog.  Shows are pretty much done by 9:30.  It's an old school crowd, very salt of the earth.  Good people. Free coffee.  Cheap snacks.

Shows happen pretty much every Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes Sunday evening and other days.

I enjoy the place, not affiliated in any way, just wanted to share info about it.

http://www.feedandseednc.com/

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, all year round. Glad you liked the idea.  Hope to see yall there.

We try to get there by 7:00 or sometimes earlier to get a good seat.  Some of the seating is actually a bunch of old (padded) pews.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Tomorrow night sounds like a great band: Hazelcreek Bluegrass

There is a youtube video of this band on the Feed & Seed's site listed above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top