Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:02:02 PM EDT
My buddy, his son and I went for an afternoon shoot at Calibers in Greensboro today. We rented 2 lanes, unlimited time good for 2 days. Every so often I would stop shooting in my lane and observe or give instruction to my buddy's son in the other lane. A
range master, the owner's son, came over and asked me if I was done shooting on my lane as there were others waiting to shoot. I said that I wasn't and that I would continue shooting
after I was done with my friend. He told me to shoot or move on. I told him I paid for unlimited time so why was I being rushed. Long story even longer; he refunded my money and told me to hit the road. I brought this to the attention of the owner after leaving the enclosed range but he pointed his finger at me and yelled this WAS HIS PLACE.

Anyone else been jerked around by these guys ? Shoot elsewhere if you dislike jerks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:04:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've never been and I think I'll keep it that way.

+1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Doh,

Why didn't you post this earlier? I just signed up to take the concealed carry course with them on sat. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them hope I don't see that.
They did however treat me exceptionally well, however they were taking money from me.

Brewz
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
went there a couple of times, no problem...

which guy was it ?
the black guy or the red head white guy ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't been since the original owner sold the place. I can't stand shooting inside, regardless.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Never had a problem at Calibers, I've always found the staff to be very polite.

When my brother and I go, we usually just rent one lane if it's crowded, and one guy shoots while the other guy loads mags.  No sense hogging another lane when there's people waiting.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Space,

It was the red head. The black guy was extremely polite. I know if I read my original line I'd think the guy (me) must have been a lane hog and then rude to the range master ... but   he approached me with a power trip attitude and it went south from there. I would have been ok with switching over to share the other lane. I might have even suggested it if I'd had a little time to think between the "shoot or leave" comment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Doh,

Why didn't you post this earlier? I just signed up to take the concealed carry course with them on sat. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them hope I don't see that.
They did however treat me exceptionally well, however they were taking money from me.

Brewz

I was going to call and sign up for Saturday too. I am a bit surprised. I do not shoot there much, but the times I have been they have been really honorable.

Samuel
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Space,

It was the red head. The black guy was extremely polite. I know if I read my original line I'd think the guy (me) must have been a lane hog and then rude to the range master ... but   he approached me with a power trip attitude and it went south from there. I would have been ok with switching over to share the other lane. I might have even suggested it if I'd had a little time to think between the "shoot or leave" comment.

The red head...

When there's not much going on he's quite all right, talking guns, ammo and stuff...
But when there are people waiting he gets easily stressed out and then acts a bit like Mr. "important"

Maybe he (and you) just had a really bad day ...  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Your probably right about the joint bad day. I thought I could smooth it over with the owner but maybe I was already seeing red by then.

Anyway, it was a better day than at Twin Ponds ... so I read.

Save your ammo for better ranges.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Yep.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm.... I've never had a problem there-- but I've prob. been less than a dozen times total.  Also, I took my CC class there, and due to my screwed up work schedule, they let me come in and watch the required videos one or two at a time.  

Where are the "better" ranges in the Gboro area?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never had an issue there and I have been a member since it's founding owner turned the key on the lock. I only shoot there when I really want to get some trigger time and not drive a long way. I go in, dump a few mags, and leave. I would much prefer to shoot outside anyway.

The owners are in the business to make a buck and if it was really busy, they should have just asked you guys to share a lane as there were folks waiting to shoot, "not shoot or move on". That was just asinine. I see both sides of the story.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Yep.

Another +1.

I reccomend SportsMan's Lodge if you haven't been already. $12 gets you all day long on their range.

I would live there but they wouldn't let me.

EDIT: Here's the link.
thesportsmanslodge.org/
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:37:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I've never had an issue there and I have been a member since it's founding owner turned the key on the lock. I only shoot there when I really want to get some trigger time and not drive a long way. I go in, dump a few mags, and leave. I would much prefer to shoot outside anyway.

The owners are in the business to make a buck and if it was really busy, they should have just asked you guys to share a lane as there were folks waiting to shoot, "not shoot or move on". That was just asinine. I see both sides of the story.

I agree. I know the red headed guy and believe me he is more often than not a very nice easy going person. I've seen him at my gun club and he was really cool, has some nice ass AR's. Heck he's probably a member here.

Must have been a bad day, sorry he was short with ya.   As for the CCW classes from what I can remember they are quick and easy,  qualify at the range and watch videos at Gander mountain. then an open book test.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I took my CCW class there with Wayne. We also had memberships there. After it was sold I have been back only a few times but never had any problems.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Forget that guy, you paid your money to use that lane and thats that, he doesn't like it then don't sell unlimited 2 day lane use. I hate people like that. Dude forget him and just never go there again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
SNIP...

Sheesh, don't hold back man, tell us what you REALLY feel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Soryy guys I got a little carried away there for a minute.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#22]
height=8
Quoted:
Forget that guy, you paid your money to use that lane and thats that, he doesn't like it then don't sell unlimited 2 day lane use. I hate people like that. Dude forget him and just never go there again.

A-fn-men. Thanks for the solidarity bro !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top