Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 12:06:18 PM EDT
I went to the Flinlock Valley range the other day and had the most amazing time bonding with my son.  He just turned 4 on the 24th, and I had promised him when he was older I'd take him shooting.  On his birthday he said to me, "Daddy, I'm older now.  Can we go shooting?"  How do you argue with that logic?  His favorite was the P22, but he loved shooting the AK's and my Les Baer, which almost came flying out of his hands even with my help.  He is such a trooper.  He just adjusted his grip and unloaded the rest of the mag with a huge grin on his face.  He obviously enjoyed the Walther the most because ti was the only one he could load, "charge" and fire by himself (I would never let a 4 year old charge a load weapon on his own.  What do you think I am, nuts?).  It was the most fun I have ever had with my son, and it was just the two of us.

I would like to take my neice and nephew now.  They live in Augusta, and their dad would like to come too.  The best part about having him there is that the boat comes too!  In my attempt to be considerate, I would like to find some middle ground where we might meet half way so that I don't have to pay for the gas for both cars and the boat.  He has it docked in Strom Thurmond lake, so it would be best if there were a place on that lake.  Any help would be appreciated.

Yes I prefaced my request with a long winded story, but what can I say?  I'm proud of that boy!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
A few years back my dad, uncle, and one of his friends took me to a state park range somewhere near Seneca, SC. I don't recall much other than that, but there is/was a nice range in that area.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
i think i saw a sign for campgrounds just down the road from leeds rifle range in sc.i've never been there,but you can probably google it.try under sumpter forest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top