Posted: 2/22/2006 3:32:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]

I downloaded that song just a few weeks ago!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:54:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude, I am fracking STAYING PUT this time!

I REFUSE to move again unless they DOUBLE my salary!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#6]
there goes the f*&king neighborhood
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
there goes the f*&king neighborhood

Hey! HEY!

Careful, or I'll sick some santeria on your ass!

Que viva Chango! Que viva Chango!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!!!  And welcome...  again.  When you're settled, let us know and we'll all go play with guns.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
so where is your new home?

......hey, wait a tic.....it was just some ploy to make us think that you left, and all along you were just laughing at us.....you were here the whole time you were gone
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Didnt I see this thread befor

Jk

WB
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats man! Good to see the NC back under your avatar.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Believe me, it was great to have put it back there!

I imagine I'll be buying in either North Raleigh or Wake Forest. Time will tell.

It's SO good to be coming back to a place I can call "home".
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Didnt I see this thread befor

Jk

WB

"The search engine is your friend.  This gets posted every other day"  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#15]
You remembered?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#16]
come on out to Wake Forest, we could use some more afrcomers in the area, i'm living out there now and loving it. easy access to louisburg and that gun range that i can never remember the name of.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember being told that it was much better to live in Wake County than in Durham. I imagine that still holds true?

If I'll be working near Butner, are Granville or Franklin viable alternatives?

I want to retain relatively easy access to Durham, Raleigh and RTP, because one never knows what the future might hold. I also don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a shack. I recall Wake Forest being VERY nice, but it was a bit far from RTP for me. Now it would be fine.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#19]
If you can live in Grandville county, do it.  You'll have less traffic, lower taxes, and it's gun friendly.  

I sent you an IM.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I remember being told that it was much better to live in Wake County than in Durham. I imagine that still holds true?

If I'll be working near Butner, are Granville or Franklin viable alternatives?

I want to retain relatively easy access to Durham, Raleigh and RTP, because one never knows what the future might hold. I also don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a shack. I recall Wake Forest being VERY nice, but it was a bit far from RTP for me. Now it would be fine.

Suggestions?

If you're working in Butner, then southern Granville Co. would provide a short commute with easy access to Durham and Raleigh.  I just searched the local MLS and found several newer (2000-2006) 3 bed/2bath homes with square footage being 1000-1400 in the $125-135 range.  They are in subdivisions with lot sizes ranging from1/4 acre to 1 full acre.  Obviosly, this is just a sample of what's available.  If you want to e-mail me with your specific needs I can e-mail you the MLS search results.

This goes for anyone searching for a house BTW
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If you can live in Grandville county, do it.  You'll have less traffic, lower taxes, and it's gun friendly.  

I sent you an IM.

Got it! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If you're working in Butner, then southern Granville Co. would provide a short commute with easy access to Durham and Raleigh. I just searched the local MLS and found several newer (2000-2006) 3 bed/2bath homes with square footage being 1000-1400 in the $125-135 range. They are in subdivisions with lot sizes ranging from1/4 acre to 1 full acre. Obviosly, this is just a sample of what's available. If you want to e-mail me with your specific needs I can e-mail you the MLS search results.

This goes for anyone searching for a house BTW

I'm also interested in having the home appreciate in value well. I recall the houses I was looking at in North Raleigh going up quite well, and of course Cary going through the roof. Cary is too far away, though.

So..... It's south Granville, North Raleigh, or Wake Forest. Considering what I've seen in NR and WF, there is absolutely no reason for me to go into Durham County (which is, as we know, the home of the Devil). I'll definitely be looking in Granville based on what I've read here.

MAN, I'm excited! Can't wait to move!

I'll be out of this un-good place in less than a week, but who's counting?

Edit-Language-u352
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#23]
FWIW - My prediction is that the Butner-Creedmore area are going to be one of the next growth hotspots.  They're building a new state hospital, and with the prisons, National Guard Armory, and a few other large employers setting up there, the area should grow.  It's a little too far for a normal commute Raleigh, and I believe  people will be moving there for new jobs.  Homes/land are reasonably priced.  I don't know about the schools.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Edit-Language-u352

Uh...... Did I miss a CoC revision somewhere?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
FWIW - My prediction is that the Butner-Creedmore area are going to be one of the next growth hotspots.  They're building a new state hospital, and with the prisons, National Guard Armory, and a few other large employers setting up there, the area should grow.  It's a little too far for a normal commute Raleigh, and I believe  people will be moving there for new jobs.  Homes/land are reasonably priced.  I don't know about the schools.  

Errr....... Prisons?

Plural?

Not the kind of neighbors you'd want, right, or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, there are prisons in Butner.  Although, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  One of them is a maximum security federal prison as well.  With a few high profile prisoners.  (One spy...  can't remember the guys name, I believe he gave a bunch of classified info to the Isrealis.)  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Spoken as a man who grew up mid-way between to Nuclear Power Plants, I wouldn't want a house across the street from them, but there are nice areas in Creedmore and Oxford.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeah, there are prisons in Butner.  Although, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  One of them is a maximum security federal prison as well.  With a few high profile prisoners.  (One spy...  can't remember the guys name, I believe he gave a bunch of classified info to the Isrealis.)  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Spoken as a man who grew up mid-way between to Nuclear Power Plants, I wouldn't want a house across the street from them, but there are nice areas in Creedmore and Oxford.  

In the case of the Fed prison in Butner you couldn't live across the street from it if you wanted to, as there is nothing but state land across the street from it.  The residential areas are pretty well removed from the prison.  The prison property is also adjacent to the military base.  Creedmoor and even Franklinton in Franklin County have up and coming residential developments that would be an easy commute to Butner.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I guess I'm more worried about having easy commute access to Raleigh and Durham, too.

I'm afraid I'm not very good at this real-estate speculation thing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#29]
I haven't been here (Hometown) in a while, and when I saw your avatar with a "NC" instead of "TX", I was confused.  

Glad you're back in NC.

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks.

It's good to be home.

Yes, NC is now home.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I guess I'm more worried about having easy commute access to Raleigh and Durham, too.

I'm afraid I'm not very good at this real-estate speculation thing.

IM or e-mail me with your purchase price range or talk to your bank (or any bank) to get a price range.  Unless you're paying cash, talking to the bank is going to be step 1 in any case because you will need a loan pre-qualification letter or proof of funds to write offers on ANY house for sale.  I have several local mortgage lenders I do regular business with that you can call if you need to shop mortgage rates (yes it pays to shop around), and they can pre-qualify you over the phone in about 20 mins.

As for picking a property that will appreciate in value...well I can help you with that too but just remember that there are different levels of appreciation.  2 areas that are appreciating very well right now are Chapel Hill and Cary but I wouldn't voluntarily live in either one, especially if you lean conservative.  I live in North Durham (outside the city) and property values are doing just fine here.

The fact is, with all the new construction going up, you'd have to work harder to find areas that are depreciating right now.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top