Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:02:25 AM EDT
Jamil Temple. Anybody else setting up or attending?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there!!! I always try to get to them to get more ammo! I love to look at the various guns  and Update my wishlist. Have fun!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the best way to get there from Greenville?  I've never been to the Columbia show, but I hear it's pretty good.  It sure can't be worse than the Greenville show.  At least, I hope that's the case.

How late are they open on Sat/Sun?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What's the best way to get there from Greenville?  I've never been to the Columbia show, but I hear it's pretty good.  It sure can't be worse than the Greenville show.  At least, I hope that's the case.

How late are they open on Sat/Sun?

Come straight down I-26 when you get into the columbia area, you will get to the Chapin exit, it's about four or five exits further to the Piney Grove exit...Take the piney grove exit, turn right off the exit ramp onto piney grove, and turn left at the next light onto Jamil road...Follow Jamil road about a mile and Jamil temple is on the right...there will be about a thousand cars there...I think it closes at 6 PM, but I'm not sure! See you there!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there...good God what a crowd.  It was wall to wall and ofcourse you had a couple assholes with baby cribs bottle necking everyone.  Good show, but the crowd is too much.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
It was very busy!  It's been a while since I've been able to make one.  I was one of the a**holes with the baby stroller.  Sometimes you have to do what you can to go.  Didn't hardly get through a third, because my wife was tired of dirty looks.  Oh well, maybe next time she won't think it's such a good idea as a "family outing".  I mean who wants to get their wife and kids into shooting and stuff.  I mean I can hardly afford to support my own habit!  I'd go bankrupt trying to finance everyone!!    Anyway, there's always next time...

-Hershey
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It was very busy!  It's been a while since I've been able to make one.  I was one of the a**holes with the baby stroller.  Sometimes you have to do what you can to go.  Didn't hardly get through a third, because my wife was tired of dirty looks.  Oh well, maybe next time she won't think it's such a good idea as a "family outing".  I mean who wants to get their wife and kids into shooting and stuff.  I mean I can hardly afford to support my own habit!  I'd go bankrupt trying to finance everyone!!    Anyway, there's always next time...

-Hershey

Sorry she got tired of the looks. It's definately not the show to take a stroller. The Fairgrounds show is much better for that as the space is much bigger. I had a good show. Sold 3 rifles. Bought one, striped the scope off and trraded the rifle off. Picked up an Eotech 552 (550AA). A couple of knives and surely something else I've forgotten. Arranged to get 2 more S&W revoilvers... Decent weekend for me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there Saturday. It was the most crowded show I have ever been to! It's good to see more people exersizing their second amendment rights.

Garands were going for $600 and up. I only saw three M1 carbines, and only one of them was USGI. One guy was asking $475 for a Universal with a cheap scope.

I couldn't believe how much .303 Lee Enfields were going for; the cheapest one I saw was marked $295 and it wasn't in the best of shape.

I agree gunshows don't make for good family outings, but it's still a great way to spend an afternoon whether you find the deal of the century or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top