Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 11:21:41 AM EDT
INDIAN TRAIL, N.C. -- Police are searching for two thieves who stole several high-powered rifles from a gun store in Union County.

Police released a surveillance video from Assault Technologies in Indian Trail.

According to police, two thieves broke into the store Monday and took eight guns, including an AR-15 -- the civilian version of an M-16.

Union County Sheriff's Deputy Brian Helms said that police officers do not have bulletproof vests that can protect them from that kind of weapon. He said a high-powered assault rifle is very threatening.

The owner of Assault Technologies said things could have been worse. He said they had removed several guns from the store to go to a gun show. If they had not been at the show, the burglars could have gotten away with several more weapons.

What's the deal with this place?  Seems like they are always getting broken into or have other criminal issues occurring.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
posted it in GD to make fun of "high powered", etc www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=390096
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as I can tell, any gun in the hands of a criminal would be threatening and even lethal to not only LE, but the rest of us.
I mean most of us civilians don't have vests so we're potentially threatened by any stolen gun and besides, vests don't protect the head. Just a thought.

Isn't that the place who's proprietors were brought up on federal gun charges?
If they are, I'd be asking myself a question right now.
Are those guys in lock up or could it have been an inside job?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As far as I can tell, any gun in the hands of a criminal would be threatening and even lethal to not only LE, but the rest of us.
I mean most of us civilians don't have vests so we're potentially threatened by any stolen gun and besides, vests don't protect the head. Just a thought.

Yeah, but everyone else is not going to have to confront the people who stole these rifles.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but everyone else is not going to have to confront the people who stole these rifles.

Honestly, you don't know who will have to confront these bastards.  Could be LEO, could be me, or you.  Don't assume LE are the only ones who'd have to worry about it.  LE are likely to be the ones with the means to fight back.  My guess is that a pawn shop owner will probably be the the next person to see these weapons.  

That said, gun stores are targets for gangs in the triangle.  Especially those with AR's, and the like.    Gangbangers don't wait around for NICS, or fill out yellow forms.  They steal them.  The police know it, and the stores have been warned.  The ones that I frequent move there entire stock into safes every night.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
According to the media they stole just one gun- the automatic AR-15.

The others can't kill apparently.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems each account I've seen says that 8 weapons were taken. The AR is just the priamry one being talked about.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#7]
That's my point.

They ignore the other 7 DEADLY weapons stolen.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldnt expect them to talk about all 8.  Hell, you dont see the news talking about every single one of the 100+ weapons we just took on a search warrant.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow.  These guys are on a roll.  Federal gun charges and now this.  These guys fucking suck.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Makes you wonder if maybe it was an inside job.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#11]
"Assault Technologies"  hmmm  I thought that name sounded familiar.  I've passed by their place several times as I've traveled down highway 74.  I've thought about stopping once or twice.  I'm kinda glad I didn't.  What sort of charges have been brought up against the owners?  Is the case still pending?  ETA Never mind.  I just read the other thread about their indictments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top