Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 9:10:54 PM EDT
Hi. I live in west nc. I am a few miles down the road from the Ashville airport in a small community just shy of mills river nc. Small place. My name is David. I am new to this site and I love all of the wonderful information that this site brings. I cant say that im an "arfaholic" or anything like that. I own one ar15 and have another on the way. If any of yall know of a range anywhere around ashville then please let me know. I have a fair sized field to shoot in but it bothers the neighbors a little bit.

Nice to know there are this many people from the carolinas around. Ill come back later and post more but right now I need to get to bed. maybe stop off by chat first to advertise. I have a pre sunset upper for sale in the EE for $500.

btw I keep getting some error about message text missing or some such. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome David, I enjoy this site too cause you dont get a bunch of left wing nut jobs giving you crap about owning what they call an "assult weapon".  Sheesh, why dont people understand, ITS NOT AN ASSULT WEAPON!!!!  Now with that out of way, how much rain did you get out there from charley?  I know it was nasty out there, our work center in Clyde was under 5 ft of water.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome, I live in Asheville myself. If you ever need somebody to do some shooting with, let me know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:52:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard!  

I live 40 miles west of Charlotte.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Welcome aboard!  

I live 40 miles west of Charlotte.  

Where might that be?  I'm from Shelby, I lived there until I went to Bragg.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#5]
M4Guru,

Half way between Kings Mountain and Shelby.  Woodbridge development around Moss Lake.

Bet you know Stewart McDanniel.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
M4Guru,

Half way between Kings Mountain and Shelby.  Woodbridge development around Moss Lake.

Bet you know Stewart McDanniel.  

How's the golf course doing?  A few of my good friends used to work in the maintenance dept. over there.  
Matt the Super, Jesse the irrigation dude, and Steve the crazy mechanic.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I didnt measure the rain but we got quite a bit from both charley and Ivan. I have a very small creek behind my Home and Thursday night it was a raging river with nearly 6 feet of water in some places. hock.gif
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Originaly Posted by lockem: "How's the golf course doing? A few of my good friends used to work in the maintenance dept. over there.
Matt the Super, Jesse the irrigation dude, and Steve the crazy mechanic. "

I live down the road next to the club house.  I don't golf though.  I always thought that a golf course was a waist of a good rifle range.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I live over in Gastonia now, but I work all over Gaston county, plus some surrounding areas.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:10:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow.  Small world.  My family used to be members at Woodbridge when I was a kid.   I've lived in Shelby for 23 years, the future Mrs. M4Guru is a teacher at Marion Elementary.  I go on leave today for a month and will be there.  Let's go shoot sometime.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey lockem. Welcome to the site.
I live in Shelby.
Right out behind Shelby High School at the Crown Ridge Apartments for all you guys who know where that's at.
Maybe one day all us NC ARFcom'ers can get together, Find a range and have some fun.
w50g (scott)

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Lockem,
 I live in Pisgah Forest,  which is just east of Brevard where I grew up. I drive
up 280 through Mills River M-F. I work in Weaverville, which we call Weaver-Vegas.
I have been shooting at Rex's indoor range in H'ville, although I have taken a break
for a few months. There is a range on old 280 near Biltmore Square Mall, Asheville
Rifle & Pistol. Up to 200 yds. I have taken a Garand Clinic there, but have never
joined. A good friend of mine, who is a member there, say it's mostly older guys,
who don't care for black rifles. I have a couple of places to shoot, like you, where
we don't like to disturb the neighbors to much, but then again, I've been shooting
there, all my life, and most of the people are relatives, who don't mind. We lost a
good 300 yd range a few years ago at Dupont, now called Agfa. The state took
it over & shut it down. Now it's for LE only. The only other decent public range
is in Rutherfordton. You can shoot 1000 yds at one station. $5/day/gun. I
haven't been there in a while. I did notice there is a mention of a range in
just down in SC off of 26 at Saluda, I think.
 I've rambled enough. Good Luck!

Johnny C!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top