Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 7:28:06 AM EDT
I moving down to Charlotte Oct. 1.   I'll be flying down on the 17th of Sept. to find an apartment  over the weekend.  I've looked online at Realtor.com etc, and they don't say "Stay away, this is in a ghetto".  

So if anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.   Do you guys in the Charlotte area ever get together for shoots?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Give me a rough idea of what you're looking for. Do you want something witha pool, workout room,clubhouse...     Or do you just want the basics?  I assume you're starting a new job, or transfering.  Where's the job located?   Don't want to point you to one side of town if you're going to be working on the other , unless it's nessacery.    Any particular price range?

Not much help am I?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
If you find a place that looks interesting, give me the address or complex name and I can look up the calls for service coming out of the place.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm relocating on my own.  I've been looking for jobs there, but in my experience, companies tend to shy away from non-local candidates.  

My price range is around $600+ a month.  I'd like a decent place, but I don't plan on being there more than a year.  I plan on buying a house fairly soon.  An area that's a decent commute to the business districts would be preferable.  

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
There are several nice apartment complexes along W.T. Harris Blvd north of I-85. Its a pretty nice area and you have access to I-77 and I-85 from there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
As a general rule, what are the good parts and bad parts of Charlotte?  Other than a few trips to the airport and a couple stops in Mooreville I don't know much about that part of the state.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Generally, the west and east side of town are bad.  North and south are better.  However, there is good and bad in each and everyone.  For example; I live on the east-side, but live in an apt complex that has very few problems.  Go about 3 miles down the road from me, and you'll find the location of several recent homicides.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I second what NCPatrol said. I live in Matthews,basicly a part of Charlotte, in Woodway Point apartments. Its nice here but the complex next to me has quite a few problems.  Look at Matthews Village and Archstone Crossing in Matthews. They are across the street from the police station in Matthews and close to Hwy485 and Independence Blvd. Plenty of shopping in this area to so it makes for convienient living.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Take a look at some of the surrounding areas also.  If you have the money, Lake Norman is the place to be.  Concord is a growing town and real close.  Bel Mount / Mount Holly are nice too.  Mathews, Mint Hill.  If you are willing to drive, stay out of Mecklenburgh taxes.  I live in Gastonia, if you want to know anything bout here, I can tell you.  If you can stand to drive, its cheaper to live outside of the city.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah, parts of north Tryon are real bad, East and West are bad.  The inner loop is good, the philosphy of the inner loop of town is, if it is run down, bull dooze it and put up new high price areas.  The inner part of the city is nice, but there is the bad parts.  South BLVD is buisy area, if you want some good country area, try Union Counnty, if you move into Bell South territory, I can see if you are availible for DSL.  I worked downtown for 3 years with no probs, now I work outside in Gastonia, so I can tell you where stuff is.  And a great place to look at guns is Hyatts, but that part of town has went to crap, if you want to buy guns, go to Shooters in Belmount.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Hyatt is one of, if not the most, expensive firearm stores in Mecklenburg county.  A cheaper alternative is Firepower in Matthews or Shooter's over in Mt. Holly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#11]
There are free apartment  guides available in the grocery stores. They're nice small slick paper publications and will give you an idea of pricing and locations.  I agree, generally the west side is a no-no. It's gonna depend on your price range. Some places are through the roof.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top