Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 8:21:22 PM EDT
I'm going to Uncle Kelley's tomorrow, to get some of the oak I cut last fall.

Anybody else have this "problem"?

I like $50 Dork Power bills in the dead of winter!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
wish i had more of your "problem".
when we built our house i looked at thermopride oil furnaces and wood heat but the wife kept adding "niceities" to the house and i had to settle for heat pumps and  they are without a doubt the loudest things i have heard!
i use a fireplace because i am a firebug and won't install gas logs.  it would be nice to have one of the wood fired water stoves to heat with and a franklin soapstone stove in the den.

whereabouts are you in NC?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
In Ararat, not far from you.  I can see Pilot Mountain out my front door.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
dang boy!  you're right across the mountain.  i can just see the knob sticking up over the ridge across the road.  the horse trail from the park goes right by the house.  
you ever shoot at the yadkin valley gun club range?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
small world...I shoot in aratt...and live out near the airport at the big golf ball...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like we need to meet.  And shoot.

Any suggestions?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
yea lets let this ice and shit melt first....
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I've found that a few well placed rounds of birdshot will take care of the ice buildup on my bradford pear trees.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah we can have a local meet.  once all this ice and stuff goes away.  
we can go shoot at pops up at gun country in mount airy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top