Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 4:53:57 AM EDT
From VCDL:

SB 33, a North Carolina reciprocity bill has passed the NC Senate!
The bill is now on Governor Easley's desk.  If he signs it, it
becomes law.  Virginia permits should be recognized within 60 days
after the bill becomes law.

Time to email the NC Governor!!!  He is not pro-gun, so he needs to
hear from VA residents who own property in NC or who would be willing
to spend more money and time in NC if they can defend themselves!

Here is the link to the web page to send him email:

www.governor.state.nc.us/email.asp?to=1

Don't delay - let's flood the Governor with email!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Howdy,

I sent an e-mail.  Being from NC and having family in NC it would be nice if I could carry there, as I visit often.

However, I seem to have some vague memory of NC law that said that once a bill passed both the house and senate it was law, no signature by the governor required.  It has been a long time since I had an NC Government classes though.  Does anyone in NC know if I am on the mark with that or am I really confused?

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Howdy,

I sent an e-mail.  Being from NC and having family in NC it would be nice if I could carry there, as I visit often.

However, I seem to have some vague memory of NC law that said that once a bill passed both the house and senate it was law, no signature by the governor required.  It has been a long time since I had an NC Government classes though.  Does anyone in NC know if I am on the mark with that or am I really confused?

That changed several years back. The Governor has veto powers now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
So am I correct when I say that if he signs it that I can carry concealed in SC as well as VA?

I have CC Permit. I can't keep the SB's straight.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So am I correct when I say that if he signs it that I can carry concealed in SC as well as VA?

I have CC Permit. I can't keep the SB's straight.

Thanks

You can already carry in VA.  We recognize NC permits.  

I also know of at least one county cop where I live who says he couldn't care less what state issues a permit.  To him, all permits are valid in our Commonwealth.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
SWEET! Good for you guy's! I voted for him! I am always up in VA and I love not having to worry. To bad for CA they keep getting Butt plugged!(.50 cal thing)

Samuel
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
This is great and all, but do you guys really think Easley is going to sign this into law?  Law enforcement loves this guy pretty much due to his 'rabid' prosecutorial background.

"I voted for him"
-Samuel

I hope that you're not talking about Easley.  The man is a shame to this state.

-REAPER2502  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
email sent! anyone know if they will recognize SC ccw?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top