Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2021 5:44:18 AM EDT
Just as the title reads.
I have almost all the parts I need. I just need help and tools for my 6.5 Grendel  build
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Where about in KC are you?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What tools to you need?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What tools to you need?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What tools to you need?
View Quote

The only thing needed for my lower is a torque wrench and to stake the gas tube.
Everything for the upper what ever that may be
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Torque wrench is cheap at harbor freight and they aren't bad for lighter duty use.  It isn't a bad investment either to have both a ft-lb and in-lb one

As for staking the gas tube, do you mean to stake the buffer tube?  You can do it with a drift punch (again cheap at harbor freight).  I have never staked any of mine and never had an issue them loosing.  Even my more expensive guns don't have them staked.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
About where in KC are you and what kind of handguard?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I think Jesus warned about this exact dilemma . . .

"Suppose one of you wants to build a rifle. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it?
For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, saying, `This fellow began to build and was not able to finish."

Perhaps the OP should budget for some tools.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top