Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2021 11:50:42 AM EDT
There is a local Meadery in Festus that is having its 2nd Annual Viking Festival later this month...

I've been wanting to go check out the Meadery and see what its about.
A couple good friends and I are going to go check it out.

Here are a few links about it.
About the Sigurblot/Festival
A Gallery of pics from other events there.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the excuse I've been looking for to finally break out my coyote pelt loin cloth and mascara!  In for the AAR pics with the viking womens.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...pics with the viking womens.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a bunch of stuff to make me a Viking outfit... <-- Cracks me up.

Hope it all shows up on time and fits...  I don't think there were a lot of Fat or overweight Vikings...

I'm supped to go with Gunguy and his Shield Maiden so it should be a good time.
Its an annual thing, might have to start going every year.  Something fun to do to get outta the house.

Hopefully, there will be much eye candy.

Anyone speak Norse? or whatever was the most popular viking language? lol...

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just ordered a bunch of stuff to make me a Viking outfit... <-- Cracks me up.

Hope it all shows up on time and fits...  I don't think there were a lot of Fat or overweight Vikings...

I'm supped to go with Gunguy and his Shield Maiden so it should be a good time.
Its an annual thing, might have to start going every year.  Something fun to do to get outta the house.

Hopefully, there will be much eye candy.

Anyone speak Norse? or whatever was the most popular viking language? lol...

View Quote

There'll be some eye candy for sure
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:02:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn’t even know there was a Viking festival in Festus. That’s pretty cool!
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't even know there was a Viking festival in Festus. That's pretty cool!
View Quote

I did not either till I got an invite from that meadery I follow on Zuckbook.  
Apparently its their 2nd Annual. So, they've made it a thing... :)

I have a feeling, I'm going to look like a red haired Shrek in my outfit when I get it together.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#8]
If this is Four Brothers, I just finished a bottle of their Odin's Hravn.  It was not too sweet or overpowering.  Interesting taste.

Wife and I were looking for something to do today. Might check it out.   Keep an eye out for a BFL cap.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If this is Four Brothers, I just finished a bottle of their Odin's Hravn.  It was not too sweet or overpowering.  Interesting taste.

Wife and I were looking for something to do today. Might check it out.   Keep an eye out for a BFL cap.
View Quote

Yea, were going to leave down here  about 2ish, looks like the rain is supposed to move out about 3...

There will be at least 3 of us...
Not sure what anyone is wearing...

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Shield maiden pics not loading...
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shield maiden pics not loading...
View Quote

Yea, fail on my part. I did not get any pics...
It was kinda rainy, so I did not want to take my nice camera and my viking outfit lacked any real pockets so getting to my phone was a major pain.

I will also add, it was a good time and I plan to go again. While there were a ton of folks in viking period outfits but, there was not as much eye candy as I expected.  I have to say, Gun Guys girl was probably the hottest one there.

There were several vendors hawking Viking type wares.  One guy even had a sword and a few knives and was claiming a few of them their hilts were crafted with human bone. I did not ask, as I'm not that type of guy, but he made sure to mention that usage of human bone was legal long as it had never been in the ground. He said he bought most of his from medical supply type places.
There was a black smith with a forge beating on a piece of steel and several guys that were in a roped of square that were fighting with live weapons.
No real period type food that I saw...

I tried about 8 different Meads, I liked 2-3 of them, the rest I'd pass on.
It was fun drinking the mead out of my Drinking Horn.

Oh yea, so Daniel and Tara take regular street clothes and as we leave to go somewhere else to eat, they change into them leaving me to be the only one wearing a Viking get up.   We went to a Mexican place and I got a ton of stares, but no one said anything to me.  I took my drinking horn in and continued to drink from it...

Over all, it was a great time and I'll do it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top