Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 8:20:31 PM EDT
Well, with the new CCW enhancements and deletion of the auto knife collector/keepsake verbage, it came time to say goodbye to my EDC knife.  I've been carrying my Boker AK-74 auto for a few years now, I put it up on the EE.  I've really liked it alot, it's slim, and locks up tight.  A buddy of mine gave me this Ontario XM-1 as a gift when he came back from A-stan.  It's alot bulkier and heavier but boy does it fit in your hand nice.  I'm not a big fan of liner locks but from what I've read in a couple of reviews this one is solid and dependable.  Anyone have any experience with the XM-1?  

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:47:45 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience, but I like the looks of it. Appears very solid.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No experience, but I like the looks of it. Appears very solid.

I'm not too rough on knives. The Boker was subjected to cutting cord, shipping tape, cardboard, and opening some mail here and there. It was carried alot and used little. But yeah, the Ontario appears to be a little over engineered. I'm sure it has to do with it's military contract. I carried it yesterday for the first time and I can tell you that I will miss how slim the Boker is. I'll probably regret selling it, I'm sure the law will be changed back again next year.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I took my Boker fishing today and dropped it in the water and lost it.  Here is a pic of it I took just before I went.  I'm going to miss that knife, it was solid and locked up tight.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice knife lambo.  It does look a little bulky, and that's the only reason it wouldn't make it into my daily rotation.  I might get one just to have in my "shit hit the fan" gear.  I like a good, solid, simple knife like that one.  I carry Benchmade liner lock knives, and I have a 910 Stryker clipped to one of my mag pouches.  There's something to be said for a good, reliable, simple knife made of good materials.  

I'm going to have to ck into this one.  Edit:  I just looked up the specs, this knife doesn't sound all that big.  I'm going to have to ck one out.  Where did you get it?  I'd like to handle one.

Thanks,

DBAR
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of those auto-knives where in some tragic boating accidents lately I know, but that is a nice looking unit !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top