Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2010 3:26:46 PM EDT
May be a dumb question but I havent really seen anything that says weather it would work attached to a duty belt. I have found these on ebay for between $40 - $60.

Good choice or should I stay away? Im having real trouble finding a good duty holster for my USPc that is under $75. I really dont want to slack on a good duty holster but I have so many other expenses right now that I cant drop $100 buck to get a good one.

BTW. My company is arming me because of the shifts I work(long hours in a big place, with no back up ..... and because of a situation that happened on my shift. I hope to be able to post some of the camera footage soon! you guys are going to shit your pants.... Lets just say this: Situation happened about 2 months ago, made the News, people were arrested. All court cases are now over and everything is good.

I might recruit somebody to help me get the video posted, so if your good at this type of thing let me know.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear they are arming ya, seems like a no brainer to me...! I think a Serpa would work just fine as a duty holster (do you have any requirements level 1, level 2?), my serpa is mostly reserved for range duty but I would have no problem carrying it for duty.  Easy to manipulate, never had a problem with mine. I would go for the CQC version over the sportsman though as the sportsman might look out of place being as how its grey.

I would rate it far above Fobus in every aspect.  Galco makes some for around $70, but I know thats getting higher in price, actually about twice as much as a serpa.  For the money value, I'd go Serpa. Rogue Outdoors has the Serpa CQC for the HK USP Fullsize for $36.18 delivered, which in my experience with many Serpa holsters, the fullsize and compact holsters work for both guns. So you should be able to use a fullsize holster without any problem for your compact.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it has to have at least 1 retention device. Do you think it will fit on a standard sized duty belt? The nylon kind or whatever they are made out of?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Then that will qualify for your retention :-) Should fit just fine for standard duty belt, I was thinking it went up to a 2" slot for belt?  Looks like up to 2 1/4" belt? You can adjust the belt hole size too so you can make it work with any belt up to a 2 1/4".

If you really want you can go extra fancy and get the carbon fiber version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top