Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2009 5:36:52 PM EDT
I remembered the show from when I was a kid...the lizard aliens, some of the hot girls and the dude from "Beastmaster".  Anyway the entire thing was on the sci-fi channel today and we tuned in.

Holy cow...the underlying theme of the movie is very frightening and I had no idea of its significance when I first watched it as a kid.  The lizards controlling the media and taking away their freedoms...very scary and it might be worthwhile for you to check it out as a wake up call. Sure made me take pause.

Some of the events in the movie seem very familiar.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought that the original was awesome.  I don't know how they can really top it, other than some good special effects.

You just cannot duplicate Diana.  She was one bad bitch.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
It is amazing how movie makers used a thing called a story (plot) to hide the cheesy special effects. I wonder how bad the new one will be...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
"V" was basically an updated story about Nazi's (Fascism), they originally tried to "pitch" it as that, when the studios weren't interested, THEN they threw in the Science Fiction angle.

There were some SOLID lessons from this series!

A couple of quotes from the series:

Michael Donovan: You always said it couldn't happen here... Then one day we woke up and we were living in a Fascist state.

[Abraham is hiding the Maxwell family in the pool house]
Stanley Bernstein: I really don't believe you brought them here.
Abraham Bernstein: They have nowhere to go. Their house is being watched now.
Stanley Bernstein: And so is ours! By Daniel! Tell them that we're sorry...
Abraham Bernstein: Stanley, you don't understand. They have to stay. They need a place to hide!
Stanley Bernstein: And why is that?
Abraham Bernstein: Because the father is a scientist.
Stanley Bernstein: And therefore suspect! And a fugitive, I take it, which would make them doubly dangerous.
Abraham Bernstein: They have to stay.
Stanley Bernstein: And I'm telling you to get them out, before I...
Abraham Bernstein: I won't.
Stanley Bernstein: Then I will!
Abraham Bernstein: [shouts] No, you won't! We had to put you in a suitcase. In a suitcase! You were eight months old. That's how we smuggled you out.
Stanley Bernstein: I know the story!
Abraham Bernstein: No, you don't! You don't. Your mother, auv shalom... your mother didn't have a heart attack in the boxcar. She made it with me, to the camp. I can still see her, standing naked in the freezing cold. Her beautiful black hair was gone. They'd shaved her head. I can still see her waving to me, as they marched her off with the others to the showers - the showers with no water. Perhaps, if somebody had given us a place to hide... don't you see, Stanley? They have to stay. Or else, we haven't learned a thing!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"V" was basically an updated story about Nazi's (Fascism), they originally tried to "pitch" it as that, when the studios weren't interested, THEN they threw in the Science Fiction angle.

There were some SOLID lessons from this series!

A couple of quotes from the series:

Michael Donovan: You always said it couldn't happen here... Then one day we woke up and we were living in a Fascist state.

[Abraham is hiding the Maxwell family in the pool house]
Stanley Bernstein: I really don't believe you brought them here.
Abraham Bernstein: They have nowhere to go. Their house is being watched now.
Stanley Bernstein: And so is ours! By Daniel! Tell them that we're sorry...
Abraham Bernstein: Stanley, you don't understand. They have to stay. They need a place to hide!
Stanley Bernstein: And why is that?
Abraham Bernstein: Because the father is a scientist.
Stanley Bernstein: And therefore suspect! And a fugitive, I take it, which would make them doubly dangerous.
Abraham Bernstein: They have to stay.
Stanley Bernstein: And I'm telling you to get them out, before I...
Abraham Bernstein: I won't.
Stanley Bernstein: Then I will!
Abraham Bernstein: [shouts] No, you won't! We had to put you in a suitcase. In a suitcase! You were eight months old. That's how we smuggled you out.
Stanley Bernstein: I know the story!
Abraham Bernstein: No, you don't! You don't. Your mother, auv shalom... your mother didn't have a heart attack in the boxcar. She made it with me, to the camp. I can still see her, standing naked in the freezing cold. Her beautiful black hair was gone. They'd shaved her head. I can still see her waving to me, as they marched her off with the others to the showers - the showers with no water. Perhaps, if somebody had given us a place to hide... don't you see, Stanley? They have to stay. Or else, we haven't learned a thing!

PursuitSS

What are you saying?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#6]
im watching it right now, its on again *the old one

ETA just saw a picture of a Hitler poster but altered for V, had the red armband and everything
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The wife and I were fans of the original; We have the original series or Season 1 on DVD, but cannot find the second part and conclusion anywhere...

Love those Laser Pistols and Rifles they had....   Would love to whip on of those out at the range...

BTW, the dude that was in V and Beastmaster was Mark Singer I think...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The wife and I were fans of the original; We have the original series or Season 1 on DVD, but cannot find the second part and conclusion anywhere...

Love those Laser Pistols and Rifles they had....   Would love to whip on of those out at the range...

BTW, the dude that was in V and Beastmaster was Mark Singer I think...

marc singer actually, but yes, same guy

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This female alien is hawt!!!  

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/229553/anna.jpg

Watched the pilot for the remake tonight and thought it was ..... I need to see more. Having been a big fan of the first series . Watched the replay this weekend on SciFi and new is nice but they seem to be trying not to draw the same lines. Will watch and wait to give my final decision.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This female alien is hawt!!!  

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/229553/anna.jpg

Could it be Obummer underneath that hot chick outsides? Wouldnt that be worse than snakes? And it would follow the 1980's series easily that way. all they would need are MSNBC news clips with him reading off the prompter and cgi the chick over him.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:04:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I loved the original, I watched the new one and have to ese a few more to make an educated decision.  So far so good though, I like it and the alien girls are freaking hot
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought it was good. I also almost laughed my ass off when Anna (the lead alien) talked about "Universal Health Care".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top