Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2009 10:38:19 AM EDT
I didn't plan on being available this weekend but I'd like to jump in a MO CCW class for tomorrow. Anyone doing one or know of one I could get into last minute?? Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#1]
No idea, but I would check with:

Crossfire,
NKC gunshop
Dutch's gunshop(Raymore), had one today.... (50.00)
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Call Crossfire and ask. They usually have a few every weekend.
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Call 1573-999-7222 ask for Todd He may have a opening for sat class.
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the help fellas, I just can't do Saturday classes because of football.
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I appreciate the help fellas, I just can't do Saturday classes because of football.

There is a guy near Rolla that will do classes on odd days if you can get a small number willing to do it with you. He charges $70. I would be willing to do it with you as I can't do it on Saturdays either. The brilliant part of his class is he furnishes the guns and ammo.

I'm not saying his class is a super class but you will get your class. I assume when you leave you will want to do your homework for yourself. Let me know if you want to work on setting this up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a guy near Rolla that will do classes on odd days if you can get a small number willing to do it with you. He charges $70. I would be willing to do it with you as I can't do it on Saturdays either. The brilliant part of his class is he furnishes the guns and ammo.

I'm not saying his class is a super class but you will get your class. I assume when you leave you will want to do your homework for yourself. Let me know if you want to work on setting this up.

How small of a number? $70 is a good deal, I'll ask a couple friends and see what they think. I'd like to do that. How long of a drive is it to Rolla? Oh and what day are you thinking about?
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#7]
His ad says "been giving CCW classes to 2 or more people for years".

Where are you located?

If I had to pick a day it would be either Wednesday or Friday.
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]
It was pointed out to me that there is a guy at the Lake of the Ozarks who does the class for $40. He said he would do a weekday class either Wednesday or Thursday. I think we need to give him a bit of advance notice. He said we need at least 5 people. I think I can get at least two, there is also the possibility of a carpool but I will not volunteer someone else's ride without him speaking up.

Get back to me soon.  

One more thing. I do not own a revolver, if I could share a revolver with someone I'll bring some ammo for it, assuming I can find some. Just let me know yay or nay on this.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It was pointed out to me that there is a guy at the Lake of the Ozarks who does the class for $40. He said he would do a weekday class either Wednesday or Thursday. I think we need to give him a bit of advance notice. He said we need at least 5 people. I think I can get at least two, there is also the possibility of a carpool but I will not volunteer someone else's ride without him speaking up.

Get back to me soon.  

One more thing. I do not own a revolver, if I could share a revolver with someone I'll bring some ammo for it, assuming I can find some. Just let me know yay or nay on this.

Hey I got your email but still need to check my calendar to see about dates. $40 sounds even better. I still haven't talked to buddies about doing the class but will ASAP. I could borrow a buddy's revolver, and he may even want to come do the class with us. Plus, it's a .22 revolver so it's nothing expensive to shoot. Thursday would be the day for me because I have classes MWF.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Cash,  Thursday will have to be the day for me.  I think Harleyms here on the forum wants to do it too.  Where are you located?  He can't do it next week and I can't do it this week.  How about we try to shoot for the 29th?  That is two Thursdays from now.  

I'll get ahold of Harley and see if that works for him.  The instructor said that he wants 5 people before he will commit.  If we can do this with a .22 revolver I will furnish the .22 ammo if someone will furnish the revolver.  

Cash if you text message send me a message at five-seven-three three-six-eight eight-seven-nine-three(this way to keep the internet bots at bay). You seem to only use the internet on the weekdays so this way we can keep in touch a bit better.

ETA: The 29th is out too, unless we find enough people and choose to leave Harley out.  

Let  me  know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cash,  Thursday will have to be the day for me.  I think Harleyms here on the forum wants to do it too.  Where are you located?  He can't do it next week and I can't do it this week.  How about we try to shoot for the 29th?  That is two Thursdays from now.  

I'll get ahold of Harley and see if that works for him.  The instructor said that he wants 5 people before he will commit.  If we can do this with a .22 revolver I will furnish the .22 ammo if someone will furnish the revolver.  

Cash if you text message send me a message at five-seven-three three-six-eight eight-seven-nine-three(this way to keep the internet bots at bay). You seem to only use the internet on the weekdays so this way we can keep in touch a bit better.

ETA: The 29th is out too, unless we find enough people and choose to leave Harley out.  

Let  me  know.

The 29th will work for me. I've got to get my friends to commit though. I'm gonna text you in a second here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#12]
You pay for the class, but then you pay the state correct? How much?
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You pay for the class, but then you pay the state correct? How much?

Yes, you are correct. You pay the county sheriff to run the background check. How much depends on your County of residence. Can be up to $100.00

You then pay the state through the DOR for the endorsement to be applied to either your DL or Non-DL. Most choose the non-DL route since it is cheaper ($11.00) verse your DL which can get expensive depending on what type of DL you have.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Let  me  know.

You get any class done yet? I'm still trying to find a good day..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top