Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2002 7:30:58 PM EDT
Has anybody gone to Chapman Academy in Columbia, MO?chapmanacademy.com/about.shtml
I just wondered if it was any good, seems fairly inexpensive and not to far from me.

TIA
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it's right up my alley.  THIS is the kind of information that this forum needs.

THANK YOU, gman350!

Regards,

kpel308
Your Friendly Neighborhood Missouri Moderator
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm........maybe after I get that Beretta I've been wanting....looks like an interesting place though.

oh damn...something else to spend money on
-FOTBR
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't get a peice of Euro designed crap. Get something that designed by Americans:=)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Come on Praxus, if you're going to post here, post what you know about; otherwise keep your mouth shut, your eyes open, and your ears alert for knowledge and wisdom.

Follow this path, otherwise plan on getting pounded for acting like a child, practicing childish ways.

Your comments about Beretta firearms is off base - they are very fine weapons.  I agree with a "Buy American" sentiment, but the real threat is US jobs flying to China.

Your comment about ".308 AR-15's" is also off base - for starters, the AR-10 frame is required to chamber and run magazines for the .308 cartridge.

Any AR design configuration that is assembled by an average armorer will outshoot any M1A or M1 Garand that has been accurized for match shooting, and will continue to do so long after the M1A or M1 quits.  The AR will continue shooting until the barrel is a tomato stake.  The AR-15 frame is too small for .308 Winchester class cartridges.  

And WTF do you know about a forward assist?  Having used M-16's in the 70's, well before you were born, I saw many feed and exraction failures with the old GI ammunition, leading to the introduction of the forward assist.  It's past history, modern M-16 ammunition runs just fine.  Ask yourself, Why the  hell do I want to jam a cartridge into the chamber in the event of a failure to feed?  

The only conceivable modern use for the AR forward assist is to allow the bolt carrier to be eased forward on a round without slamming, followed by the bolt being eased into battery with the forward assist - quiet operation that might be required in some covert operations.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#6]
AeroE:  All good points, partner, but the kid is 14, and generally has his heart in the right place.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
When I started to read it I thought you were gonna hunt me down and kill me;) But I do relize your right. I was off base. I do not own an Ar-15 or Ar-10 and have never fired one. Im not of legal age to own one(Obviously). So my knowledge is limited to what I have heard from other people and from the Internet/Books. So excuse me if I don't know as much as you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys, I agree that Praxus' heart is mostly in the right place, we just need to get the rest of it there.  (kpel308, I knew Praxus was 14 from your post in another thread - that is why I was my usual gentle, diplomatic self!)

Praxus - do that by not trying to BS us, and learn by paying attention (but try to discern the difference between bad info and good solid advice).  It looks to me like we're on the right path.  You're not the first one to get dressed down, and you won't be the last - our friend Citabria7GCBC came to the board running his mouth, got a gentle redirection, and he is a valuable contributor now.

Believe it not, I am interested in hearing what you have to say, just don't repeat nonsense about topics of which you have no credible experience.  Heck, I might even need to ask you a question about current trends amongst teenagers, high school, maybe even current popular music (nah, strike that last one).  

What I would like to see you do is get hooked up with a junior highpower or smallbore shooting program so you can start learning to be a precision rifleman.  Perhaps your school has a JROTC program; that would be a good start on leadership training and accelerated maturity.  Good luck, AeroE
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't listen to "Current Popular Music". Most of its crap:) The trends here are falling off the left wing and are continueing to fall. It sucks, Im the only pro-gun person in my grade, heh. They think I'm sick for supporting the 2nd Ammendment.

But whatever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top