Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 11:24:16 AM EDT
There is a gun show this weekend, March 25 & 26.  It is at the St Charles Convention Center.  Who's going?

Link for Show Flyer
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
With the exception of the CMMG table, I won't be there...

It just an overpiced waste of time for me. Other than the CMMG table and the guy that sells the knives, 99% of the people who have table are jerks and I am about the nicest guy in the world. The friendly guys selling usually have there stuff WAY overpriced. Sorry for the rant...

Hey CMMG! Will there be any chance you will have AR magazines there? If I knew someone would be selling decent .223 ammo or AR magazines I will come. I am in the market for about 20 AR magazines. I refuse to pay $20 or $30 for AR magazines that usually go for $10 to $15...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
With the exception of the CMMG table, I won't be there...

It just an overpiced waste of time for me. Other than the CMMG table and the guy that sells the knives, 99% of the people who have table are jerks and I am about the nicest guy in the world. The friendly guys selling usually have there stuff WAY overpriced. Sorry for the rant...

Hey CMMG! Will there be any chance you will have AR magazines there? If I knew someone would be selling decent .223 ammo or AR magazines I will come. I am in the market for about 20 AR magazines. I refuse to pay $20 or $30 for AR magazines that usually go for $10 to $15...

If ya need mags i just got  14 new in wrap CENTER INDUSTRIES 30 rnd mags with teflon coating, green anti tilt followers and LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVT USE ONLY marked. These are current millitary mags and they work great in my M16. IM me if interested, they are in your price range.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Im there on Saturday...see ya there
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We'll make sure and bring some.  I'll be there Sat only, the old folks will be there Sun.

Jeff

Jeffrey, Jeffrey, Jeffrey,.....................

Does that mean I can only show up on Sunday?  

LOL, Don't forgot to pack my stuff, I'll call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Whats the address of this place again?

I will be coming up I-44 to 270...

Where is it compared to Bass Pro?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Whats the address of this place again?

I will be coming up I-44 to 270...

Where is it compared to Bass Pro?

The St. Charles Convention Center is pretty much right across I-70 from Bass Pro.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
CMMG are you guys going to have any of your t-shirts there?
I kind of want one to go along with my cmmg rifle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I feel like an idiot kind of asking seperate things in multiple posts but do you, cmmg guys usually bring striped lower recievers to the shows you go to?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I feel like an idiot kind of asking seperate things in multiple posts but do you, cmmg guys usually bring striped lower recievers to the shows you go to?

Oh! good question! I would like to maybe buy one or two myself!

http://www.stlweaponcollectors.com/
The link says "brand new show"...?
Maybe it will be better than the last few I have been to.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We'll make sure and bring some.  I'll be there Sat only, the old folks will be there Sun.

Jeff

I will be dropping in on sunday.......

o O (whipper snappers...)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Saturday afternoon, unless I decide I would rather go shooting.

I'll be looking for a Model 98 type Mauser action, plus the usual targets of opportunity.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, it was an excellent show.  Lots of evil black rifles of all stripes; lot of current C&R guns; lnot much "beanie baby crap"; and some actually reasonable prices on ammo.

I bought several items, and got them at 1/2 the internet price!!  

Only thing I wanted and couldn't find was a Chinese pump shotgun.  Several of the double barrel coach guns, tho.  The real Winchester version went from $450 to insane.  

All in all, a good time, and I spent 2-3 hours there.  ran into some other CMMG shooting guys.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Agree it was a pretty good show even if the entrance price was a little higher than I am used to.  But the CMMG both was cool.  Best booth for black rifle stuff by far and the folks manning it were first class.  First booth that I have evey been by where you are encouraged to pick up the rifles.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#20]
we're there many AK kits and were they reasonable priced?  I have a very good shape Norinco SKS I'd like to swap for a nice AK kit.  It doesn't have to be a high dollar kit, just a nice Romy kit or a nice Yugo fixed stock kit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#21]
While I wasn't looking for AK kits, I seem to remember 2 or 3 tables with AK kits.  One I specifically remember had at least four different versions, Romy; Yugo; and I don't recall the others.  The Yugo AK kits were ok looking.  The AK kits with the long muzzle brakes (AMD 65??) were excellent looking.

Can't help you on prices, I just remember seeing them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Me either... I did see lots of them and loads of SKS stuff.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I went to pick some stuff up from CMMG as a birthday present to myself.  I got 5 mags, a grip, a tac sling, and some other goodies.  now im tacticool.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Going to have to break out next time and come to the show. Missing to much I feel.

Got one question, I have heard that one might have to pay to park too along with a door fee. Is it true that there is a parking fee?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Very good show for our area.
Yes Max-Paul they will charge $5 to park next time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#27]
'Twas a good gun show. I think it will soon be the largest in the area. I did pick up a few things there , a pound of AA7, a box of magnum small pistol primers, a cheezy but interesting $5 led flashlight, an ammo can (to carry my purchases in) and last but not least a charging handle from the good folks at CMMG. I looked at a NAA Minimag but passed this time. Maybe soon I will have to get one for a ccw when doing my running thing.
Oh, There was a very respectable older gentleman there signing books. I can't remember his name off the top of my head but he was the navigator of the Enola Gay, yes, that Enola Gay and yes, on that mission.
A hell of a guy and I for one am damn glad of what he did.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Gunmagnet, thanks for the feedback.  Dang this is going to be one expensive gun show to go to. But I suppose a little hike from an off site location will help keep the bill down. I mean 5 bucks to park and another 8 bucks to get in. Shoot that comes to twice what gun shows have been running in the past. But from the sounds of it, it was well worth it?

I should have gone after work Saturday. Just a week or two from picking up 8 lb of Vargent And be it local or if I have to go out to MidwayUSA to pick it up to beat the HazMat charge. At the gun show at lease I could have met the lads from CMMG.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I should have gone after work Saturday. Just a week or two from picking up 8 lb of Vargent And be it local or if I have to go out to MidwayUSA to pick it up to beat the HazMat charge. At the gun show at lease I could have met the lads from CMMG.

You can buy Varget at Graf's (on Fifth Street, about 3 blocks North of I-70) for no more than it will cost you from an out of town supplier.  It's probably less without the HazMat charge; the over the counter price is essentially identical to catalog prices.
Top Top