Fairgrounds on Norton Road
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 9am - 3:30pm
Springfield Area Map

More Information

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be there as usual.

Maybe I will get a stripped upper to go with the stripped lower that I bought from CMMG at the last show.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going tomorrow, I hope you guys didn't buy up all the FAL's
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#3]
It sucked......except for the CMMG booth.  I drooled over there!!  Nice folks too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It sucked......except for the CMMG booth.  I drooled over there!!  Nice folks too.

Yeah, I'm glad they show up. They're the most interesting vendors there and I agree they are nice bunch of folks.

Rick
SGF, Mo.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a Surefire M73 Forend there. $170 bucks out the door. One of the rare occasions I actually found what I went there for !

Yes, CMMG is great. I just hate fighting my way thru the crowd that seems to always gather at that table! I bought some rail covers from them, since they are supportive of MODCC, I at least buy a little something from them every show, whether I need something or not.

All in all, satisfying weekend.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The Springfield gun shows at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds are the only gun shows I've ever been to, so help me out with something:  Are they representative of other gun shows in other cities?  Every time I've gone there it's been a bit of a let-down as far as prices.  Is it unrealistic to find bargains at gun shows?  I mean, I'll still go to the gun shows here but I just want to know what the deal is with it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Springfield gun shows at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds are the only gun shows I've ever been to, so help me out with something:  Are they representative of other gun shows in other cities?  Every time I've gone there it's been a bit of a let-down as far as prices.  Is it unrealistic to find bargains at gun shows?  I mean, I'll still go to the gun shows here but I just want to know what the deal is with it.

If you are looking for deals then you have to bargain.  I suck at bargaining.  I have a friend who is really good at it and he tends to rip off dealers because he is better at bargaining than them.  I don't like bargaining so I rarely buy much at gun shows.  Springfield's gun show isn't the worst I've been to but it's not the best.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I was pretty disappointed too.  I actually brought a rifle to trade, but couldn't find anything I wanted.  And everytime I turned around somebody was trying to lowball me.  Even the deputy at the front door tried it.

I have found good deals there before, but they seemed much more unrealistic on pricing at this show.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I go solely as a source of cheap entertainment. If I find a bargain, it just makes it better.

llanero, Tulsa's show is waaaay better. Still have to bargain, but much more to see. It is so huge, and there is anything you ever wanted to see there (well, gun-wise). High end custom rifles, military, antique, full auto, supressors, ANYTHING.

I go to Tulsa every year, and it is a real treat. Springfield's show, I hit-or-miss, and don't feel bad if I miss it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#10]
OCT 22-33, Tulsa--I guess I'll have to make the trip!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, it's not really an 11-day gunshow. Hopefully you typo-ed!

See you there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, it's not really an 11-day gunshow. Hopefully you typo-ed!

See you there.

Oooopsies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top