Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 5:37:56 PM EDT
I'm looking for any form of Law Enforcement Officers on this board?  I don't really care what city/county you work for. I'd prefer to talk to non MHP officers.

I'll be returning to MO fromActive duty in roughly 11 months and I am looking to begina career in law enforcement.  I'd like to ask som equestions to  some folks that are serving presently.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask away................
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#3]
WEll, right now I'm just trying to figure out what counties/cities need LEOs.  I'm originally from the Versailles/Lake Ozark area, but I don't really care where I go to.

I have about 40 credit hours at a community college here in jacksonville. I've also got 4+ years of Naval service with no NJPs.

I will be returning home in about 6-10 months.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent you an IM....................
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
IM received and replied.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I work for KCMO, we are always hiring, new class starts next monday and the next I think at the beginning of the year, Great pay, one of the best in MO, check out www.kcpd.org, there is info there or just email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I work for KCMO, we are always hiring, new class starts next monday and the next I think at the beginning of the year, Great pay, one of the best in MO, check out www.kcpd.org, there is info there or just email me at [email protected]

Yeah but you have to work with scumbag lawyers sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah but you have to work with scumbag lawyers sometimes.

Sometimes you do get some pricks with your roses!  Just kidding!

I work for a "suburb" of KCMO and we as well are always looking for good people.  If you have any questions feel free to ask kreiling.  I know we just hired a couple of gung ho guys fresh from the military FYI.

Oh almost forgot heres our web site: Independence Police Department
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:08:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Independence would be better than KCMO if you like to chase the wheels off cars, You luckly fuckers, I wait all day waiting to the dispatcher to tone out, "Independence is in a Vehicle pursuit"
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Priginally posted by swat1:
Independence would be better than KCMO if you like to chase the wheels off cars, You luckly fuckers, I wait all day waiting to the dispatcher to tone out, "Independence is in a Vehicle pursuit"

Working for IPD does have its perks.  We have a pool of good citizens and an OCEAN of dirtbags.   Some chases are "fun" while others leave you feeling very mortal and fragile.  Independence is a great place to work, we stay busy and have a variety of calls ranging from the mundane to the stranger than hell.  Thankfully our homicide rate is pretty low considering.  Guess our thugs just aren't good shots usually.

KCPD does have better pay and if Im not mistaken your retirement is a 20 year plan?  I'll have 30 on (damned LAGERS) when I pull the plug.  I know we just hired one of KC's retirees (an SRO) who wants to stay till his FICA kicks in.

Either would be a good choice to start looking at in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
retirement is at 25 and 30, moral at the moment is very low, many problems
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Same here.  But, Ive been here for nine years.  It is a roller coaster.  Just when you think it cant get any lower.... Whee! back up  you go.  I dont let that crap bother me, life is WAY too short.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#13]
easy for you to say, you get to chase cars for not using their blinkers.   Be safe, yes im jealous
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#14]
We had two yesterday.  The boss called one off when it hit the state line which is very unusual.  They thought 690 was on the bad guy, but alas... they weren't.  I think he called it for that and since the suspect's name was known.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top