Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 5:59:02 PM EDT
I need to get a few things... USB external hard drive case among them, and don't know where to look. There are a few near post here but they don't cater to anyone but fresh out of basic privates and don't carry crap.

I'd be willing to drive to STL if the place is open in the evenings (class gets about about 4 most days, I can be changed on on the road by 4:30) but if there is one in Lebanon, Springfield, or Rolla that woudl be even better.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a computer shop in downtown Rolla, but I have no idea what they carry.  Springfield would be your best bet.  

Were you in clothing sales last Tuesday afternoon in civies?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Last Tuesday.....

I was there one day, but don't remember which one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a computer shop in the SMSU Bookstore but I forgot what all they sell.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Never mind, found a seller on ebay that would ship to other than my confirmed paypal address.

I can get everything else at the PX, the externel HD case was the hard part.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
EPC in Cave Springs. Lots of used stuff and pretty good prices. The down side to them is that that have a "No concealed weapons" sign at the door. Personally I just ignore it since it is nowehere close to a legitimate sign (Size counts on these signs ya know and their sign is so far off what the law requires...)
Cave Springs is near Saint Charles right off of hwy 70.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
www.newegg.com all you will ever need, most Computer stores will just rob you blind.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know about STL but the compusa hear in KC has external usb hdd cases can't remeber the price, also gives yeah another excuse to drool over the new mac G5 towers
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#8]
You need to get a copy of the Post Dispatch for the Stl Area with all the ads.  Between Office Max, Office Depot, Best Buy, CompUSA and Circuit City you'll find a great deal on USB2 hard drives and DVD recorders.  The adds come out Saturday afternoon for the Sunday paper.  A quick shop will have the whole set.  Let me know what what you are looking for and I will scout the paper tomorrow.  Send ya ad pics if you can handle it.  Most of the stuff does have rebate offers.  E-mail me at [email protected]  From FLW you should be able to hit Crestwood Plaza area in 2 hours.  It's off  the 44/270 interchange.  Take the Watson Rd exit go about 1 mile you should see all the stores on the right or left.

or if want to be lazy - www.computers4sure.com
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.newegg.com all you will ever need, most Computer stores will just rob you blind.

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Newegg is an excellent resource!  I built my entire system from them.  

Another great place for parts reviews is www.hardocp.com/reviews.html

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top