Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 4:07:13 PM EDT
Well Hkocher, Holeshot4, Kudra18 and I finished our CCW class, we all passed.
Today was range day where we qualified with a minimum of 15 hits out of 20 shots but we did it in style.
Rapid fire using point fire and my attempt at speedloading a .22 revolver using no speedloader but rather just my fingers was a hoot. When we shot our 50 round familiarization Mr. Ross was kind enough to place a suppressed Ruger MkII on the table, that was a damn nice (and incredibly quiet) gun.
We ended the day firing off a magazine from his full auto thompson. Amazing how fast twenty rounds can be sent down range with one of those.
Oh yeah, we also grilled burgers and chicken while going over what we had covered so far.
I have to say it wasn't at all like any other qualification/certification I have ever been to. This one was fun and educational.
If you have the chance, take the course with John Ross, you will not regret it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Suppressed MkII huh.  Well someone has an SOT... cool.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I fell in love with the suppressed MkII...

I do think I need a MkII now, of course I'll have to settle for a 'loud' one.

He also passed around a G18, and I don't think many folks caught on that this wasn't your momma's Glock.  I wanted to shoot the thing, but I didn't want to impose.  I can only imagine what else he has in his collection...

I was very happy with the Ross class.  When I first heard about the 8hr class requirement, I thought "oh great, I get to sit through a boring, overpriced class taught by someone who works at his dad's range on the weekends."

But when I heard that John Ross was teaching a class at the very affordable price of $100, I had to sign up.  

I learned some things from an experienced shooter (Mr. Ross), played with some cool toys, met a couple nice folks, had a good time, got a meal out of it, AND fulfilled my CCW training requirement at the same time.  Definitely a great experience!  If you have to take a CCW course, and you are around the STL area I highly recommend that you sign up for this one.  It was a great class no matter what your level of experience is.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I learned some things from an experienced shooter (Mr. Ross), played with some cool toys, met a couple nice folks, had a good time, got a meal out of it, AND fulfilled my CCW training requirement at the same time.  Definitely a great experience!  If you have to take a CCW course, and you are around the STL area I highly recommend that you sign up for this one.  It was a great class no matter what your level of experience is.  

I have to second everything HKocher said. The class was a lot better than I had expected one of these classes to be. We had to leave early so lost out on the full-auto Thompson.
Debi had fun getting the meal started with Kudra18. Did you clean everything up afterwards Jen?

See you guys next weekend,
Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top