Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 1:30:34 PM EDT
look in general disscussion, looks like it was over truned 23-10. Best news i heard all week. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally a victory for the good guys (and gals)
It becomes law in 30 days.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Now let's hope the silly a** AWB whimpers into history next year and nothing else to replace it.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a "so stunned I thought I'd faint" icon? Because I thought this was never, ever, going to happen.

Happy day boys and girls, it finally did!

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, MO-people! I know SACMO and everybody else put a ton of work into this, and it's a long time coming. I was around for the 1999 debacle and didn't think the situation would turn around that quickly.

JScott
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
And now the asshat governors' cronies are harassing the Republican Senator (a Major Dolan [Army] from my county) who got leave to come back from Gitmo and tip the scales in our favor by one vote.  They are trying push the Army into doing some sort of investigation for dereliction of duty.  Major Dolan said he followed all proper channels and there was no external influence.  He also said it would have been worth it even if he would end up in Leavenworth (he won't).  He was just concerned that the trash from the Demorats would negatively affect the men and women of his command.  This guy is going to be governor one day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And now the asshat governors' cronies are harassing the Republican Senator (a Major Dolan [Army] from my county) who got leave to come back from Gitmo and tip the scales in our favor by one vote.  They are trying push the Army into doing some sort of investigation for dereliction of duty.  Major Dolan said he followed all proper channels and there was no external influence.  He also said it would have been worth it even if he would end up in Leavenworth (he won't).  He was just concerned that the trash from the Demorats would negatively affect the men and women of his command.  This guy is going to be governor one day.

He would have my vote. This is a great step men. It is a silly thing to have a law for this right but it is a step in the right direction.

Praise God.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
We did it. We finally got our CCW. I feel a great relief, it has been a long and hard fought battle but we did it.
Now if you will excuse me I am going to stagger into bed. I don't know if anyone outside the St. Louis area saw it but Jen and I finished that 21 mile flag waving walk and we are both beat to hell.
PS, if you did see any of the clips we were in the background of most of them.
Good night all....
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We did it. We finally got our CCW. I feel a great relief, it has been a long and hard fought battle but we did it.
Now if you will excuse me I am going to stagger into bed. I don't know if anyone outside the St. Louis area saw it but Jen and I finished that 21 mile flag waving walk and we are both beat to hell.
PS, if you did see any of the clips we were in the background of most of them.
Good night all....

Very cool!  I heard about it on the radio.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Out of all the Democrats that are complaining about Maj. Dolan's "dereliction of duty":  Are any of THEM serving their country?!?!

FUCKING HYPOCRITES!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Hallelujah!!!

Free at last, free at last...

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Out of all the Democrats that are complaining about Maj. Dolan's "dereliction of duty":  Are any of THEM serving their country?!?!

FUCKING HYPOCRITES!!!

Is there any way OTB could have pulled any strings to get Dolan deployed in the first place?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]
It's great to finally have elected officials who represent the state and constitution, not the city of Saint Louis.

The prior CCW bill before was not defeated by the state. It was defeated by the city of St. Louis. Too long has that slime pit spawned liberals with no sense.

Thanks to all the lobbyist who put time, money and time from their families on the line.

Of the lobbiest, kudos to Greg Jeffery and the GCL.

Of the Senators, kudos to Gibbons and Dolan.

It is completely nauseating watching the local "news". I like to call it St. Lou Jazeera. All the stations were completely negative. "You won't be robbed, they'll just shoot!" "Don't argue at your kid's game, the other parents will shoot!" "The police can't help you anymore. You'll be dead before we get there" "You'll never train people." "Now anyone can have a gun."

The worst is the witch hunt Fox 2 has started on Senator Dolan. Do they report a politician serving his country travelled on 9-11 to support our constitutional right? No, they report that he left, with approval of his CO, but will be tried upon his return.  CBS and NBC were little better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top