Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2021 12:46:53 AM EDT
Gents who are you using in Madison for NFA/suppressor purchases?  

Thx Kerry
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:42:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been headed to the Florence area to do NFA.  I don't know of folks in HSV.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I went through Malcolm at Silent Industries a couple years ago… process was smooth as could be.

He’s on Madison Blvd. just west of Wall Tirana.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
That's who my bud's use but I saw on FB he has stopped doing regular FFL and has accepted a position with Advanced Armament Co but may still do some NFA stuff by appt only.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#4]
To buy something in stock?  Either Larry's and silent industries are the only places I know of with silencers in stock.  
For transfers a couple friends swear by mr big guns.  They also used to have the lowest prices on silencer shop, unsure if they still do though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
@torozmaster...  He is a good guy!

Edit...  Fixed the @, I hope
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Last Resort's transfer fee is $100 and you can shoot it while it's in jail. But they're also a Silencerco dealer, not that they have any in stock. I was told anything you order is going to take a while to come in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last Resort's transfer fee is $100 and you can shoot it while it's in jail. But they're also a Silencerco dealer, not that they have any in stock. I was told anything you order is going to take a while to come in.
View Quote
Back in the Obama days the LR owner was a fan of UBC because it would help his profits.  I'll throw in an "I think" here because I cannot find a link to confirm.

I can say that I have not been in Last Resort in years due to what I read back then.  Larry's has silencer shop kiosks these days.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[redacted]  transfer fee is $100…..
View Quote

Larrys is $50 as are most other small FFLs in the area.  

Avoid the redacted place at all cost.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Back in the Obama days the LR owner was a fan of UBC because it would help his profits.  I'll throw in an "I think" here because I cannot find a link to confirm.

I can say that I have not been in Last Resort in years due to what I read back then.  Larry's has silencer shop kiosks these days.....
View Quote

Russ genuinely believes that everyone should require a background check to buy a gun. He’s also British, so it kind of explains things. So he doesn’t support it just for the profit. Transfer fee there is $45 and he’s well aware that pretty much every store in the area is cheaper. If he wanted to make more money he could lower the fee and bring in tons more business. It seems like I can’t go to Gold Guns and Guitars without seeing 5 people there waiting on transfers.

But if it makes you feel any better, Russ retired from Last Resort at the start of this year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But if it makes you feel any better, Russ retired from Last Resort at the start of this year.
View Quote
Doesn't really matter to me these days.  My collection is fine and the only firearm related items I am interested in no local shop carries.

Wish him the best in retirement, can't wait until I get to that point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top