Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 12:25:46 PM EDT
...might like this channel.

This guy documents old mine remains in our iron and coal regions. Some neat videos. The mine layout maps blow my mind. Some were rather extensive seams. Note the one low ceiling photo...ceiling was only 33". Crazy working conditions.

I made a thread in GD, but figured one should go here.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting, reminds me of the days I lived in Irondale and use to go to the old Overton mines right off of I-459 before Liberty Park was built.
It was a great place to explore and I often wonder if the people now living there know their nice homes might be over the old mine shafts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for posting, reminds me of the days I lived in Irondale and use to go to the old Overton mines right off of I-459 before Liberty Park was built.
It was a great place to explore and I often wonder if the people now living there know their nice homes might be over the old mine shafts.
View Quote

I know. You look at some of the mine maps the guy posts and wonder if on whole square mile won't just collapse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top