Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 8:54:57 AM EDT
I'm selling my Dad's house in Huntsville, just got a call from the realtor that he heard one of the toilets running while giving a tour of the house, he tried closing the shutoff valve but it started to leak.  There are also some other minor plumbing issues, most of which are probably due to dried out seals, the biggie is that the seal between the tank and the bowl on one toilet seems to have dried/worn out and leaks, but the shutoff valve is working on that one, there are also a couple of faucets that leak slightly when turned on.  

If the person can also do some general handyman repairs, a gutter that is sagging, pull-down stairs that need repair/replacement, the attic fans are disconnected (Dad was in the middle of a project to replace them when he started having health issues, and didn't tell me what progress he had/hadn't made, so the replacement fans were sold by the estate sale folks), etc...

Unfortunately, I'm 180 miles away and my work schedule doesn't really allow me time to drive over and make all of the repairs myself, or even supervise them being made, I'd probably have to have the realtor let someone in, and pay them either by credit card or mailing a check.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I used Deans plumbing to relocate and install a new hot water heater for me. I was very pleased with their work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top