Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2009 7:16:46 AM EDT
When I snuck into MS last Thursday with my AL license plates and had time between ducking bullets because of it ( ), I noticed there's going to be a Dick's SG in a new shopping complex at the intersection of I110 and I10.  

Another place that will have things that go BOOM! (and I'm not talking about over-inflated soccer balls).  Dick's is typically pretty on-the-money with pricing on guns and runs sales all the time.  Not sure about ammo pricing/availability, but I would bet they're like Academy and price things based on their cost and desired profit margin.  Cost goes up, price goes up.  Cost goes down, so does the price.  Smart business practice because the consumer doesn't feel gouged or sense greed.  That's how you stay in business for the long haul.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
When I snuck into MS last Thursday with my AL license plates and had time between ducking bullets because of it ( ), I noticed there's going to be a Dick's SG in a new shopping complex at the intersection of I110 and I10.  

Another place that will have things that go BOOM! (and I'm not talking about over-inflated soccer balls).  Dick's is typically pretty on-the-money with pricing on guns and runs sales all the time.  Not sure about ammo pricing/availability, but I would bet they're like Academy and price things based on their cost and desired profit margin.  Cost goes up, price goes up.  Cost goes down, so does the price.  Smart business practice because the consumer doesn't feel gouged or sense greed.  That's how you stay in business for the long haul.

When they open they'll be jam packed with ammo.  We got a new one here in HSV that has as much Remington .223 55gr FMJ as you'd wanna buy, its just $13/box.  They were actually "reasonable" on pistol ammo though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top