Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2007 4:08:19 PM EDT
CombatArtsInstructor and I went to the Anniston CMP today with fine results.

Mucho 30.06 ammo and 30 Carbines for Sale!  

Inland Carbines from $419 - 479 - 495.

Underwoods for $565.

Must be about 200+ total Carbines.  Also many fine Garands.  $495 - 565 - 795 & up.

Good, good day.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought that all of the 30 carbines were sold.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Got an E-mail from the CMP on the 24th, dated the 21st, that they were ahead of schedule.  They really have quite a selection.  They should have the Jan '08 stuff in shortly, or maybe that is what is on the racks now.  Just wanted the real shooters to know about it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Pics!?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Please refresh my memory. How does one qualify to purchase these carbines?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Join the CMP is one way. Beerslayer or Mona can sign you up
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Posted by MI11B:

They really have quite a selection. They should have the Jan '08 stuff in shortly, or maybe that is what is on the racks now.

So when will they actually be available?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Join the CMP is one way. Beerslayer or Mona can sign you up
Pay a membership due or something?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Go today.  There were 40 $419 carbines left last week.  I bought one and I love it!  There wer about that many $479s left and double, or more $565s.

Quoted:
Posted by MI11B:

They really have quite a selection. They should have the Jan '08 stuff in shortly, or maybe that is what is on the racks now.

So when will they actually be available?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Join the Garand Collectors Association: http://www.thegca.org/ It is $25 per year, and you get a quarterly journal with TONS of Garand info and pictures. Plus it satisfies the CMP club requirement. If you make a trip to the North or South store you can join the GCA at the store and if will satisfy the club requirement. There are 2 other main requirements: Be a US Citizen (I proved this with a copy of my birth certificate) and have proof of a "shooting activity" (CCW license, hunting license that required a shooting certification, C&R license, ect).

If anyone is pondering making a trip to Anniston DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! It is great. I was there 3 weekends ago and they had alot of decent field grade garands (good shooters) and lots of rack grade (ok quality) and service grade (good shooters) M1 carbines (Inland and Underwood manufacture). Jan 7 they will start selling Winchester, Quality Hardware, Rockola carbines in the 2 grades. There will be a small quantity of each available in the stores when they go on sale.

Next Saturday (Dec 15th) is the last Saturday the CMP stores will be open. They are closing for Christmas and will reopen in Jan Wednesday-Friday only. I asked why and Mr. Orest Michaels the director of the CMP told me it is because the CMP was chartered mainly to promote shooting activities and provide rifles through the mail. The stores being open to the public is just an added bonus I guess.

Here is a link to the "South Store" forum on the CMP website: http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=31 Folks often post info on the inventory at the store.

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top