Good enough for me.  Teacher?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Grad student (aka slave) at LSU.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Research Associate - Aquaculture Research Station (off campus)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Alumnus '98
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Research Associate - Aquaculture Research Station (off campus)

Hey i went there while I was taking a Fisheries class.  We went in a boat with an electrical probe and shocked fish.  I think they where mostley stripped bass.  It was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Grad student (aka slave) at LSU.

Me too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#8]
LSU student here, petroleum engineering undergrad.

was history/pre-law.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I am a sociology/ criminolgy undergrad.  Also doin ROTC so less than a year till i graduate and head to the Army.  Might do U.S. Marshalls, fbi, or dea after since i cant do anything with my degree

mlm1219-  Got to shock fish?  Thats bad ass, i might take a fisheries clas just so i can do that.  I'll just drop a toaster and there.

I was gonna go shootin this friday (3 FEB) but cant so if any of ya'll wanna go shootin 17 FEB at Sherbourne let me know cause i will probably be down there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am a sociology/ criminolgy undergrad.  Also doin ROTC so less than a year till i graduate and head to the Army.  Might do U.S. Marshalls, fbi, or dea after since i cant do anything with my degree

mlm1219-  Got to shock fish?  Thats bad ass, i might take a fisheries clas just so i can do that.  I'll just drop a toaster and there.

I was gonna go shootin this friday (3 FEB) but cant so if any of ya'll wanna go shootin 17 FEB at Sherbourne let me know cause i will probably be down there.

Thats funny because that is what I graduated with.  Is Dr Deseran still the head of the Sociology Dept?  Does he still have the handguns kill poster in his office?  Who  are the Criminology proffesors now?  They had some decent Crim/Justice/law proffessors when I was there but most of the SOC prfs were very liberal.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, we get the occasional class that comes out to shock fish, watch birds, do surveying, or some such thing.  Just a hint for future reference, don't fall in the water with a backpack shocker on.........bad combination.  

I'm curious, though.  mlm, why were you in a fisheries class if you were in a sociology type major, or did you change your major somewhere along the way?  Doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious.  Wouldn't have expected a sociology type to be taking a fisheries related course.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yeah, we get the occasional class that comes out to shock fish, watch birds, do surveying, or some such thing.  Just a hint for future reference, don't fall in the water with a backpack shocker on.........bad combination.  

I'm curious, though.  mlm, why were you in a fisheries class if you were in a sociology type major, or did you change your major somewhere along the way?  Doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious.  Wouldn't have expected a sociology type to be taking a fisheries related course.

I started out as a Wilife Management (I think thats what it was called) major.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thats funny because that is what I graduated with.  Is Dr Deseran still the head of the Sociology Dept?  Does he still have the handguns kill poster in his office?  Who  are the Criminology proffesors now?  They had some decent Crim/Justice/law proffessors when I was there but most of the SOC prfs were very liberal.

I dunno who Deseran is.  I dont think he is the head anymore though.  So far i have had prof. Bankston, Dr. St. Pierre,  Ginger Stevenson, Dr. O'neal, and prof. Sana.  There were two more but i cant remember their names.

I'm definately the black sheep in there since everyone seems like a lib and i am definately not one.  What can I do with my degree once I graduate... pretty much nothing?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Bankston was there when I was but I have not had a class with him.  I have not heard of any of the others.  They must all be new.  Your pretty much screwed with that degree unless you go to law school or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Dec 94 grad, currently working on masters part time
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Graduated May of 2004.  The wife is in her last semester of law school there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I worked for LSU Health Sciences Center, read Charity Hospital System, as an accounting manager for six years and I am so glad to be as far away from them as I possibly can now!  I have been in the private sector for three years, and LSU would have to drag me there against my will with me kicking, screaming, and to get me to go back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top